VIP subscription but still getting ads

Discussion in 'Feedback/Bugs/Questions' started by WestLoopDog, Oct 27, 2023.

1. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,806
    Thanks for taking care of it!

2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $22,211
    -119 members who made at least 1 post since September who have not signed up for VIP.
    -323 new VIP registrations since it was announced we are VIP only.
    -105 of those VIP registrations are brand new accounts. 18 of those accounts have posted at least once.

Overall I'm ecstatic with how the changes have gone. I thought there was a significant chance it would just die off after the paywall was put in. But activity is still great and the quality has gone up significantly. Some of that is also because of Estar20dawg as well of course. I think later today I'll send out an email to those 119 members who haven't signed up yet and give them VIP status for a month so they can come back and check it out and see if they like the improvements.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  3. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,234
    Pretty impressive. I now am of the opinion that some of the other teams boards will learn from your experience and take similar steps. Its amazing how the current format lends itself to actual discussion of relevent issues and avoids the caustic commentary that tends to devolve into meaningless insults. Kudos.

kmacker69, ButlerProf and 2xDawg like this.
  4. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,234
    Was thinking about your comment about giving a month long free subscription to those still not signed up - could you temper that by leaving out the trolls and semi-trolls that generally just come on board to rile tempers up?

5. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $22,211
    Maybe change it to a week?

I'm not really sure it would be plausible to selectively offer it.