Posting Gifs

Discussion in 'Feedback/Bugs/Questions' started by the_speakers_lab, May 22, 2013.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,980
    Question: is there a way to post gif's?

These smiley face icons just aren't enough to take my commenting game to another level

2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $11,188
    Bumping this thread up because I also need help figuring out how to post gifs here.

3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $22,211
    Moved this to a new thread since the original thread has a bunch of old info and I don't want to confuse people with posts from 2013.

It looks like I need to make some server side changes to appropriately display gifs. It should be pretty simple, I'll add it to my to do list.

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $11,188
    I actually figured it out, at least how to do it through gfycat. It's through the media button.

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,211
    Yes, the media button will automatically convert urls for select websites. I can change it though so that any gif from anywhere will work properly.

6. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,690
    Hey @Jared Grubbs, any chance you could alter the "select websites" that we're allowed to copy gif url's from? giphy.com has quite a robust repository of gifs and it would be nice if the site could be added to said select websites. Certainly not a critical problem, just a suggestion. Thanks again for all the time you spend with the website. Seriously.

NateDog likes this.
  7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,211
    I should be able to figure out how to do this, yes. Looks like for only $10 there is an add on someone designed that will allow searching giphy right in the post, kind of like you see on Twitter and other places. I'll probably just use that.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app