ButlerHoops.com Bracket Challenge

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $22,208
    A bracket challenge has been set up using CBS Sports at the link below. Anyone is welcome to enter, you just need to enter the password below:

ButlerHoops Bracket Challenge
    Password: ButlerHoops

The winner of the bracket pool will receive a free ButlerHoops.com t-shirt. You can see the shirt here. I'll also take this time to remind everyone that you can also use your forum points to purchase that t-shirt here. If you don't have any points you can also purchase them for $15. If you are short a few points you can also buy points here.

2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,208
    Apparently on CBS you don't name the brackets. So I took out the part about using your username on your bracket. Don't worry about that. This is my 1st time using CBS for brackets. I abandoned ESPN for everything when they updated their website. I was always hesitant to move away from them despite inferior content because I was familiar with their site and had developed habits around it. When they updated the layout I took that time to switch to CBS.

3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,208
    It's the same story for me every year. I tend to do very well the first week, but have a terrible track record beyond that. 34/40 games picked correctly but half of my final 4 is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,994
    Congrats Jared. You giving yourself a t-shirt now?

5. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,537
    Guess you held on after the early rounds after all!

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,208
    Hmm, I'm thinking I'll just go ahead and give it to 2nd place, unless anybody has any ideas for a follow up contest. I can't think of anything until next season starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,537
    I could get on board with that idea...;)

8. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,974
    We could bet on the NBA Playoffs (although that seems a little obv), NHL Playoffs, Indy 500 (100th running...), or Champions League (personal fave after the 500)?

Or a combo of them all?

[​IMG]

9. Huntin'Dawg

Huntin'Dawg Member

Money:
    $39
    Fans of Huntin' Dawg. Guess who won our pool. The oracle of troll. Huntin' Dawg!!!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  10. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $24,467
    Congrats on your big "oin". You're number won!

11. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,553
    Jared, how about some kind of an Indy 500 pool, just to break the monotony? Like, picking the top three or the top five (in order or not) and the winner. Pretty hard to do a "draw" pool on-line. Just an idea. You can get creative with it. NBA? Baseball? Kind of surprised we didn't have more participants in the NCAA pool, since we have so many experts on here.

12. Huntin'Dawg

Huntin'Dawg Member

Money:
    $39
    Thanks PSU. After meeting you at the BE tourney I finally realized that you really are a BIIIIG fan of the Dawgs. I really dig the Graves jersey especially with the mid rift look. Have you considered modeling? Was also interesting to hear about your wrestling experience at Yorkville High School. Keep up the great posts. They are very insightful.