Forum Upgrades Complete - Feedback Requested

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jared Grubbs, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,607
    For some reason, tweets that people have posted in threads are not loading on my Firefox browser on a mac...

2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $22,182
    Are they posts from before the upgrade? This software handles tweets a little differently, so the old ones don't display correctly unfortunately. It's easier now, you just copy the link to the tweet and it automatically displays it.

3. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,607
    The ones in Bede's thread, so they are from today...

4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    Is it giving you an error or anything, or what is displaying? I pulled it up on firefox on my mac and wasn't able to recreate the issue.

5. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,607
    It just has a blue link saying "Loading tweet", if I click on it, I don't even go to the site. If I right click on it, I can open the link via the pop up menu - but they aren't appearing within the threads.

Just thought you might like to know... not the end of the world or anything!

6. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,199
    The tweets are now showing in the app for me. So, that's good.

Also no issues for me on a Mac and chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,607
    Odd.. I don't typically have any issues with anything.

Using most up to date Firefox version, on OS X El Capitan

8. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,607
    Works on Chrome... must be a missing plugin of some sort. What would be needed to show on Firefox, when it shows ok on Chrome?

9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    I don't really know what the problem is (no plugin should be required) but I tried to do some quick research. I see other sites have reported the the "Do Not Track" feature in Firefox interferes with social media embeds like we are using here. If you have that turned on that might be the issue.

10. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,607
    Turned off Tracking protection and now it works... thanks!

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    No problem, glad a solution was found.

Also, for those looking for an activity stream, I found another option I didn't even know existed until now. Under the "member" link there is a "recent activity" option. That looks a little more similar to the activity stream on the old forums.

http://butlerhoops.com/forum/index.php?recent-activity/

12. SRG

SRG Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $36,934
    I really like the improvements to the site. I use my iPhone 6plus and the experience has improved. Nice work!

13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $11,524
    Jared--any chance we could get a button at the bottom of the forum pages that returns to the forum threads. Rather than scrolling back up?

Like the new improvements also--especially the ease with adding photos.

14. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,878
    The forum upgrades are a huge improvement for me. I mostly access it via Chrome on my phone (Samsung S7).

Before the upgrade I was getting a ton of spammy redirects. Those seem to be gone.

It's also the same software that another forum I frequent has used for awhile, so it's immediately familiar to me. I appreciate the ability to like other posts.

Anyway, no complaints and many kudos from me!

15. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,546
    Looks fine. Getting used to it. But where the hell are my points??? Will there still be wagering????

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,228
    The updates are a nice move forward and I think most will agree once they get used to them. Nice work. I really appreciate your running the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $901
    I like the updates and I also appreciate how plugged in many members of this site are to Butler's MBB program and the school. I learn something new all the time.

Go Dawgs!

18. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    I think the link you are talking about is already there. It is just above the footer advertisement. Or maybe I'm not understanding what you mean?

It will come back, and I think I can import your points, but it's going to work a little differently than it did in the past.

19. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    Points system is now installed. The old points system is unfortunately not one that can be imported to the new system. Most of you are definitely going to want these points later that you've already earned, so if you message me or post here I will manually input your points from the previous system. I've started going through some of your profiles already so if you see you already have a large amount of "money" then it's already been done.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  20. DawgFan

DawgFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $440
    Jared,

Thank you for all of your work. Much appreciated.

#60 likes this.