Big East Pick'Em Challenge

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $22,182
    Welcome to the very first ButlerHoops.com Big East Pick'Em Challenge. Starting this Sunday, you will get the opportunity to compete against other ButlerHoops.com members to see who can predict the most correct outcomes from the Big East games for the week (only including games scheduled to start the week, which may exclude tournament games).

Every week the winner(s) will receive a 1 month VIP ButlerHoops.com membership. The season winner(s) will receive a 1 year VIP ButlerHoops.com membership. A VIP membership currently gets you advertisement free access to the Butler Hoops forums and an increased betting limit (5,000 per event instead of 500). It will also give you increased access to future forum features and a discount in the Butler Hoops shop when those features are added.

The first season will last the length of the non-conference schedule. To make your picks you can use the "Pickem" link from the navigation bar on any page or you can use this link below:

http://butlerhoops.com/forum/index.php?pickem/2016-non-conference-season.1/

When making your picks, please keep a view things in mind. The spread given is for the "home" team, which is listed on the right. The format will always show "Away Team at Home Team", even if the game is at a neutral site. There is currently no way for me to list VS to indicate a neutral site game.

2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    Looks like it will not work from the app. You will have to make/view your picks from the website.

3. KB3

KB3 Member

Money:
    $133
    I just registered to participate in this but I can't figure out how to make my picks.

4. KB3

KB3 Member

Money:
    $133
    I feel silly, I see it now. I swear that huge button on the right wasn't there earlier...

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    Glad you found it and glad you decided to register and join us. If you or anyone else has any problems please make me aware. It's the 1st time running this so bugs might pop up.

I was hoping things like this would help boost member participation on the forums, but so far we haven't had many entries. I'm hoping it's just poor timing with everyone preparing for the holidays as traffic is down quite a bit this weekend in general. Maybe it will pick up later.

If this ends up being successful we will also have a survival pool once we get to Big East play.

6. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,199
    I assume that we are picking with the spread and not a simple pick em. Will the spread move with actual movement in the betting lines? Or are they set at the beginning of the week?

7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    Line stays the same once set. I just used the KenPom lines at the time I input the game. So you could actually gain an advantage by adjusting some of your picks later in the week as both teams play more games and the line shifts.

8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    Week 2 that starts Sunday is now up. Above the standings there is a drop down menu that says "switch week" where you can change to week 2 to make picks.

9. Colin Taylor

Colin Taylor Active Member

Money:
    $236
  10. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    I see you are using the app to post. Is that how you were looking for the pickem challenge as well? If so, you won't be able to find it, so that would be the problem. The software isn't designed to be able to run in the app. You will have to go to the actual website. If you are on the site and not the app there is a link in the navigation bar up top or there is also a posted link in the original post to start this thread.

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    Week 3 is up, once again starting on a Sunday.

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    Week 4 is up. It's a short one, which will probably mean lots of winners, but that is ok. Great chance to get ad-free access to the site for a month.

13. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    Week 5 picks are available. This is the final week for the Non-conference.

14. Colin Taylor

Colin Taylor Active Member

Money:
    $236
  15. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    It will show winners of previous Pickems. Since this is the first one, it is currently empty. That will change next weekend.

16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $11,159
    Have yesterday's results not been counted yet? I swear I got my picks in for Saturday's games, but it's showing no results for me (all of Saturday's games are grayed out). This was my first time giving this a try, so it's definitely a possibility I didn't do it correctly.

17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    I have to put the results in manually and I haven't done that at the moment. Gray just means the results haven't been entered.

18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $11,159
    Great, thanks! Just wanted to make sure, since it said the week was closed. That must just mean closed for making picks.

19. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,182
    Congratulations to CT51 for winning the season and a year upgrade to VIP status!

I am putting together the Big East conference season pickem now and it should be up shortly.

Colin Taylor likes this.
  20. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,412
    I am using the app and the link doesn't appear to be working to take me to the pick em page

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops