Forum Feature Spotlight: Profile Cover Photos

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jared Grubbs, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $22,182
    As most of you are aware, ButlerHoops has recently undergone (and is still undergoing) a major overhaul. The forum software has been upgraded, and with these upgrades have come a lot of cool new forum functions. Unfortunately a lot of these are going unused, and I suspect the reason is simply because no one knows about them. So I'm going to be starting a series here in the announcements section where I choose a feature/option that most people don't know about and explain how it works.

The 1st of these I would like to tackle is the Profile Cover Photo. Every registered member here on the forums has a profile page. To reach any member's profile page you can click on their name wherever you see it and then click on "profile page". To reach your own profile page you can hover over your name on the right side of the navigation bar up top and choose "your profile page" from the drop down menu.

Every member can customize their profile page by adding any cover photo (as long as it is appropriate and complies with all site rules). Most of you right now simply have a blank gray space where your cover photo could be. If you visit my profile, you can see what it looks like with a photo instead. To add a photo from your computer, simply click on the wrench on the right side of your cover photo and upload a photo of your choice.

In addition to uploading your own photo, you can also choose any photo from the Butler Hoops photo gallery. This is accessible from the navigation bar under the "Gallery" link. Navigate to a photo you would like to use and set it as your profile cover by clicking on "More" at the top and then clicking "Set as Profile's Cover". The option to set a gallery image as your avatar is also here (I just changed mine this way as an example). You can then reposition the image if needed by clicking on the wrench in your profile cover.

This is certainly not a requirement for anyone to do, but for those of you who like to personalize your profile on here this is a great way to do so. If you have any problems or any questions feel free to post here and I'll be happy to help. Enjoy.

bmradio99 likes this.
  2. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,667
    Thanks for all that you have done, and continue to do, on the site! Really appreciate all your hard work!

LA-OC-IE and #60 like this.
  3. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,026
    +1