Server Upgrades Tonight

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $22,211
    It looks like traffic was so high on Wednesday during the Villanova game that we actually had some people unable to access the site. This is a great thing and it means it's time to upgrade to prevent this from happening again. The upgrade is scheduled for 12:45 am and should only last an hour or two, so it will not impact the vast majority of you. The forums should remain viewable for almost the entire time but any posts made during the upgrade are at risk of being lost. I apologize for any issues this causes.

Update: These have been completed. The new server is online.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,417
    Jared,

As someone new to this site (but I have been a fan since the Collier days and actually attended my first game in 1988), I just want to say thanks for running this site and all the thankless work you put in. Keep it up!

#60 likes this.
  3. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Well-Known Member

Money:
    $549
    Ditto. Nice job Jared. Been going to Butler games since the '70s.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,211
    Thanks, I appreciate it. It's a lot of work at times, and I'm not always able to stay on top of it, but it's worth it.

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,211
    Ok, I think we should be done with all of the errors that originated yesterday. I know some have been getting more this evening. If anyone gets these again please let me know. Hopefully this headache is over though.

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,211
    I just learned that the IP I've been assigned is flagged by Microsoft and for spam and they reject all emails. So if anyone has a Microsoft email account (ex: hotmail, outlook) and has their settings to send them email notifications they probably aren't getting those. I'll have to handle this later tonight.

7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,211
    This should be fixed now.

8. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,213
    Not a big deal, but might be related. Just got a Tapatalk email and it was filled with some other forum's messages. Nothing related to butler. Maybe some wires got crossed.

9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $22,211
    That's probably a Tapatalk issue. If you forward me the email I can send it on to their support.