The New Indiana Classic

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Baddog, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,546
    No more Crossroads Classic to every fans' dismay is the state. So just announced today it will be replaced by The Indiana Classic....in Indy....with IU, Purdue, Davidson and Illinois State. Jackasses. Apparently, Hoosier faithful will watch (any pay for) just about anything. Nice job IU. The candy stripe clowns in full display. Excited for the season to start for two reasons: Matta and Bulldogs, and another over-hyped and under-achieving season in Bloomington.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,880
    Ball State, not IU.

Looks to me like an event created largely for Purdue's benefit. I'd bet the Boilers are getting a huge percentage of the gate.

UDDawg likes this.
  3. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $949
    Assume you meant Ball State not IU. IU isn’t in this event but I think I saw where they are hosting a 4 team tourney down at IU with 2 cupcakes and a team that is better than cupcake but not in Top 100.

4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,388
    It would nice if BU can put together a "Hinkle Classic" some time in the near future.

Denverdawg likes this.
  5. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,590
    For anyone who needs the "Too Long: Didn't Read" cliff notes from the OP's post:

-IU sucks
    -Purdue sucks
    -Xavier was not mentioned by the OP, but Xavier sucks

6. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,546
    My bad. I heard this first on the radio (Dakich) but I didn't catch all four teams participating. Afterward Dakich was droning on and on about how this was fine with him and this was what Woodson wanted, but he didn't mention the four teams again before moving on. I checked on-line and I could have sworn the early reports on line said Indiana and Purdue were playing. Oh well. Bad eyesight or reading comprehension or both. Purdue only makes more sense. They and Butler were the only two who wanted to salvage the Crossroads Classic. Everything I said about IU previously still holds. Jackasses.

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,388
    To be fair, IU withdrew from any commitment to play in the "Classic" long before Woodson was named coach.

NCJon likes this.