'14 Offers Out Tomorrow...Who?

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by butler04, Jun 14, 2012.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    ButlerWay: Ernie Duncan sat out the game Sat I watched of Indiana Elite. Evidently he played Sunday. I was not there Sunday. What were your impressions of Duncan?

2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php/2011-08-04-18-06-26/1228-hoosier-jam-fest-pools-schedule

------------------

This upcoming Fri, Sat and Sun at Ben Davis HS. NCAA live period for D1 coaches to attend.

Mack Mercer plays for MBA Select and Darreon Reddick for SW Illinois Jets. Spiece playing also, so I would assume Trevon Bluiett will be involved. I think Lyles makes his debut at the Fort Wayne tourney early May.

3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $17,299
    I saw several Spiece teams on the list but didn't see Bluietts team. I will probably go for just Saturday, but I haven't decided. I'd really like to see Mercer for the 1st time.

4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    I think you are right. Looking over the 17U Pool I don't see Bluiett's team either. Still that tourney will have alot of talent. Probably more than IndyBall had. Reamers 16U Spiece team is in the field.

You will like Mack Mercer. Very skilled. There are a couple of MBA Select teams. Not sure which one he is on. Green or Black.

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,299
    Duncan played very well. I'd say he is a little behind McIntosh, who I think will be a star at the Indiana State level. Duncan is very tough and competitive, and reminds me a little of CHD. About the same skill level too.

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,299
    Bluietts team will be at the Nike event in LA. I forgot that started this weekend.

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Fishers Fieldhouse also hosting Circle City Shootout. FRi/Sat/Sun....

Here are the Pools.

http://exposurebasketballtournaments.com/events/pools/3145?output=pdf

--------------

PJ Thompson(Spiece Indy Ice Thompson) and Gary Bonds(Best Choice 16U) playing. Is Aaron Brennan on FH Elite 2014-Burton?

8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Plus Nationally.... AAU events in Pittsburgh, Hampton(Va), Minneapolis, LA and Kansas. Probably missing some others.

It will be interesting to see who the Butler coaches are watching.

9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,299
    Sounds like PJ Thompson will be playing on the Nike Spiece team.

That's a pretty loaded team.

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  11. BUHoops317

BUHoops317 New Member

Money:
    $5
    I believe all Spiece teams are Nike teams. Nike is a partner with Spiece Gym Rats just like adidas is a partner with Indiana Elite.

Brennan had played for FH Elite Burton for the last four years, so I assume he is still with them.

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,299
    True. That was poor wording on my part. What I meant by that was that Blueitt's team is the only one playing in the Nike circuit, which is out in LA this weekend.

13. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,299
  14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Scott Burgess‏@scott_chihoops3h
    Eric Gordon All-Stars 17 win Hoosier Jam Fest 53-32 over Mercury Elite. Sean Sellers 13. Bryant McIntosh 11. Matt Brachmann 14

-----------------

BTW I talked to Sam Logwood Saturday. Speakers Lab had asked about any Butler interest. Sam said he had not heard from Butler in a long time.

15. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,544
    So sad. He's probably gonna go to Xavier now and kill us... WELP

16. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    The new guy at Ball State(Whitford) offered Logwood tonite. Sam will probably play at a higher level than that. I've heard in the past grades are an issue with him and a big reason he went to Laporte. Might not have been able to get him in Butler.

17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,299
    He is a very exciting player to watch, but I wouldn't exactly consider him a great player. He's from the Kyle Marshall mold. No doubt he can finish at the rim but his game doesn't extend much beyond that. He is smaller and quicker than Marshall and can do a little more from the perimeter, but I doubt he ends up being better than whatever wing commits for 2014. Definitely not in the same class as Bluiett.

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  19. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,544
    Probably one of my favorite tourney's of the year since it's an independent... stacked field again

20. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,802
    Can somebody give me a list of teams I should go watch?

Thanks in advance.