19-20 Rotation, Keys, Predictions

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by thebulldogs, May 1, 2019.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,297
    I agree. Not sure if I posted it here or just mentioned it to someone else, but I think Butler will be down to an 8-man rotation if things go well. I do think 10 guys will compete for minutes, hence my 10-man projection, but I’m guessing a few players break out and others are then relegated to minimal, if any, PT, thus resulting in about 8 in the rotation.

I would put CD and Golden as the most likely to make the breakout jump but they could also end up out of the rotation by the end of the year. If Battle is great right away, Baddley might also see his minutes drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,773
    Flix, good choice! Love that place.

3. ButlerFan96

ButlerFan96 Member

Money:
    $97
    TheDawgDub95 and cornette33 like this.
  4. harvesting

harvesting Member VIP Member

Money:
    $168
    Sean was chosen as an alternate. He will only go and play if someone is injured. He is in Rhode Island now (they all just arrived yesterday) practicing with the team in the event that they would need him to play. He is honored to be there playing with this group. A small group that was hand selected and is made up of both current AND graduated Big East players. If he gets to go, great. If he doesn’t he will be back on campus working hard with his team preparing for the season. There are no days off for Sean. He’s going to work hard while in Rhode Island, he’s going to work hard while home a couple days for Christmas break. HE’S ALWAYS WORKING.

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,640
    I’d rather see him on campus.

6. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $807
    I would love to see CD rise up to be the type of player many expected from his recruiting profile. To his credit, he made great strides on the defensive end last year. With that said, he has been a ghost offensively and I just can't picture it changing that much. Maybe some have seen more in practice that provides some reason for optimism. I really hope I am wrong or that someone shows they are way better than him. We just can't have space fillers. In this system, everyone needs to be some sort of threat when the ball is in their hands or when they are a pass away.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

MBA2003 likes this.
  7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $807
    That's not something I have ever doubted about him! I hope he makes another big leap and has the Sr. year he deserves.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

harvesting likes this.
  8. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $539
    https://butlersports.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the roster for next year is updated.
    Official height/weight for the newcomers as well as updated weights from last year. Nze/David/Hastings/Tucker all up 10 pounds.

MBA2003 likes this.
  9. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,132
    If anyone questioned the value of a dedicated strength coach—was told last week that JMM gained 9 lbs. over about a week from training and new personalized nutrition program.

bwesson15, godogs91 and estar20dawg like this.
  10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,640
    I’m hopeful that a full off season of strength and conditioning will pay big dividends.

godogs91 likes this.
  11. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Active Member

Money:
    $211
    Does that mean that JMM is now up to 172 lbs?

12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,527
    If anyone who watched JMM go against 6'8", 350 lb. Dawand Jones of Ben Davis, knows he is neither short of strength or courage.

Tentozen likes this.
  13. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,270
    According to the updated roster @NateDog posted, he is up to 225 already.

14. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,527
    Popular opinion is that he will be red-shirted but I am not 100% convinced of that.

15. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $685
    I’d rather he redshirt cause I think he’d be really good as a 5th year but I do think he is more ready to contribute right now than people realize.

SRG likes this.
  16. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $575
    We may be "10 deep," but I have a hard time believing 10 players getting double digit minutes will end up good.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    It'll be worse than even the most pessimistic fans believe if something like that were to happen.

Things will shake out, and although we'll be force fed some odd combos early, a solid 8 man rotation of Battle, Baldwin, Thompson, Tucker, MCD, Nze, Smits and Golden will emerge eating the major minutes.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,640
    Depth of interchangeable players is not going to move the needle. We need 4-6 to be big time players.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  19. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $539
  20. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,990
    And yet, he was not listed on the roster that was released last week. So, it seems like David Woods' sources are a bit outdated.