19-20 Rotation, Keys, Predictions

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by thebulldogs, May 1, 2019.

1. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,760
    Looking way ahead, way too early and next year's roster, although it will hurt to lose Baldwin and McDermott as scoring options, it will be nice to have our front court returning, AT as a senior PG and Tucker/David as wings. We should still be pretty good next year!

2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,599
    I was referring to the scenario written out. I didn’t click the link.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  3. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,599
    Good stuff. I wonder what the data would say minus the Purdue game. Purdue missed a TON of layups (credit to the defense)

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,253
    Just to be clear, this data doesn’t show makes and misses. It’s just the portion of shot attempts at each location.

ButlerNut likes this.
  5. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,162
    It does show FG% at each point, I believe, but not quantity of shots from each.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,253
    On the website it does, yes. But I’m saying the data I posted only shows portion of total shots from those spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

godogs91 likes this.
  7. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,420
    I hope to God McDermott is showing Tucker the ropes and that he is receptive. This year aside, next year could be pretty special, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $19,181
    I would argue that your opponent’s net is more important than your own, and thus in a weird way it’s almost better to have small MOV to avoid hurting your opponent’s net as much as possible. Reason #456 why I think we need to do away with the selection committee.

9. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $19,181
    There is a good chance you already know this, but Haslametrics.com lists these stats for each team but adjusts them for opponent and weeds out garbage time. We rank 24th there in FG attempts at given up at the rim. Unfortunately teams are shooting 62% once they get those looks.

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,253
    I did not know that, thanks. I look at the Haslametrics overall rankings from time to time as I find its weight towards recency interesting (moreso during the latter parts of the season) and I like that it has a strength of record rating right on the home page. But I admit I haven't used it a ton yet for the component data as the site is an aesthetic mess. It's like going on the internet in 1997.