19-20 Rotation, Keys, Predictions

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by thebulldogs, May 1, 2019.

1. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $539

Not sure where to put this but, would this have something to do with AC being installed at Hinkle? That's all they've announced as far as renovations to the arena bowl.
    I doubt it's new lighting if they haven't announced it, although that seems like the obvious next step.

2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,880
    I would assume AC, yes.

3. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,189
    It’s AC. And I believe some new lighting fixtures as well.

4. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $770
    Are they finally getting rid of the crappy banners? Might as well throw the NIT ones in the trash and not order new ones.

Will they hang a 2019 NIT banner?

SpartanDawgs and willisbrown like this.
  5. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Member

Money:
    $155
    Probably.

I think it's time to get rid of anything not Final Four or better. 2 Final Four's and the 1924 & 1929 National Championship should remain (no records should be on any of them). Maybe a banner with "NCAA tournament appearances" with years on it.

theenforcer13 likes this.
  6. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $770
    I don’t think it needs to be that extreme, but anything less than an NCAA berth shouldn’t be up. And move the 90’s volleyball banners out.

theenforcer13 likes this.
  7. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Spend a few grand and replace the ****ty vinyl banners. Also the championship game ones should be larger and have a different look to them so they stand out

SpartanDawgs, bmradio99 and NateDog like this.
  8. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $770
    Yup. Those vinyl banners cost less than $50 shipped.

Should have a banner for the NCAA tourney (62, 97, 98, etc.).
    One for Sweet 16’s (62, 03, 07, etc.).
    One for E8’s.
    Each F4 should get their own.

And women’s can have a banner when they earn one. Seat is getting warm for Kurt!

bumba likes this.
  9. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,444
    With the offseason progressing, I thought I would put together a few keys to a successful next few months with regards to player development, recruiting, and some other stuff. Jared can attest that I started working on this at the Run N Slam event but never got around to finishing it until now lol. It's been a busy few weeks and lots of other stuff has been more time-sensitive.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/05...ting-2019-offseason-priorities-for-the-dawgs/

Tentozen and willisbrown like this.
  10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,881
    Bold prediction (that isn't really that bold)

Battle will be the 3rd leading scorer behind Baldwin and barely behind Tucker. Those three will give defenses fits and I hope to see plenty of looks with all three out there as threats together. Pick your poison.

Shimmy, Tentozen, Bulldogs260 and 2 others like this.
  11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,713
    What these guys do in the off season is huge. I believe we need far more emphasis placed on footwork amongst our bigs and explosiveness with our wings. Weight training is great but those two areas were lacking last season.

12. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,199
    Let's up there is some emphasis on fundamentals, setting screens for shooters, defensive rotations, and out of bounds plays.

2xDawg likes this.
  13. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,508
    I hope LaVall comes in and removes the rim for the first week of practice. Doesn't even roll a ball out. They just spend hours going over box outs, defensive drills, and running suicide sprints to get in shape. I want elbows flying. I want cuts and bruises. I want to go back to winning games The Butler Way -- first one to 60 wins.

2xDawg and BulldogsAllTheWay like this.
  14. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $509
    Sounds great If it we’re still the 60s. The game has changed and the best coaches are learn to adapt to the changes. That would not be a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

bmradio99 and dawgs2014 like this.
  15. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,508
    Ok Adolph Rupp. Remind me which two teams played for the national championship last year? What were they good at? Go ahead and get back to me on that one.

The Game Honors Toughness.

Tybuhoops, 2xDawg, Shimmy and 4 others like this.
  16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,881
    All I care about is no McD exclusively at the 4, that he gets to play at least some 3 and we run a traditional 4/5 look with Nze and Smits aplenty. Also, with the lack of guards that almost screams to me we'll see plenty of KB on the 1 with some Tucker playing a little at the 2. It also screams to me that Battle they feel is ready day one (he has to be) and will get plenty of big minutes at the 2.

All the *****ing though I do about McD at the 4, I would be intrigued by the following look in spurts-Baldwin, Battle, Tucker, McD, Nze/Smits. I think that's an explosive look that could be effective in small spurts to give the team an offensive jolt.

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  17. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,713
    I don’t entirely get why prognosticators have Butler near the bottom of the BE . We are adding a ton of talent and athleticism. Our two returning guards are working on their jump shots and one has to assume all of the returnees are going to be better. This is the first full off season with a better strength and conditioning coach. If LJ can fix the defense by just five points a game it could do wonders.

jeff and BUcheer like this.
  18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,073
    I get why, but it has a lot less to do with Butler being bad and more to do with 1-7 of the Big East being so good. (St. John's and DePaul are going to be awful; any list that has Butler lower than 8th is nonsensical.) The Big East lacks an elite team since the Hausers bailed, but there are 8 teams with very realistic chances of finishing in the top 40 and making the dance, and it's not unreasonable to have Butler 8th out of that group (to be clear: I certainly don't think the Big East will get 8 teams; but there are 8 teams that have tournament potential).

19. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $286
    The whole finishing last while also graduating two part time starters and adding a middling Big East class is problematic. They are going to get picked 8th, 9th or 10th, you probably shouldn't get too bent out of shape about it. It remains to be seen if they can improve more than is projected

20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,073
    I reallly really really really reallllllly hope Nze and Smitz can play well together. I think the success of this season depends more on that than anything else.