2/1 Game vs. Providence

Discussion in 'Ticket Exchange' started by fdr, Jan 4, 2020.

1. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,691
    I have some family members visiting when Providence is in town and I'm going to let them use my season tickets. I was looking for tickets through the online account manager and the interactive map won't load. Does that mean tickets are already sold out? I've never bought single game tickets before. How does everyone else go about doing so? I looked on TickPick and was shocked at some of the prices. People were asking for $150+ per ticket in the upper 200s. I'll try and call the office Monday.

2. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Well-Known Member

Money:
    $524
    Try seatgeek.com. See below.

https://seatgeek.com/providence-fri...ckets/ncaa-basketball/2020-02-01-2-pm/4984809

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. harvesting

harvesting Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $285
    Vivid Seats or Groupon. When I have to purchase extra tickets I always check all the sites because the prices vary so much.
    Some sites have fees, some do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,262
    Also there are a bunch of tickets available online. You need to have Flash enabled.

5. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,691
    I ended up buying two off of TickPick for a more reasonable price in the 200s. I admit that I'm very spoiled and have never watched a game from the 300s, including when I was a student. I didn't want to break the streak.

6. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,908
    There is not a bad seat in the house. When buying for a very young minor, it’s easy to deviate. “Daddy, I want to go home” is the last thing you want to hear with good seats.

7. dawgs2014

Money:
    $4,262
    I was saying that at the time plenty of 200’s were available online through Butler at face value. Hopefully you were able to beat that.

8. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,691
    Very good point. I don't have any children so am free to spend a little extra on tickets. I'm sure the 300s are great. As a student I routinely sat in section 202 with friends. This was in the late 2000s and we were still in the Horizon League, so there were seats aplenty for most games, especially on a Tuesday night against Youngstown State, etc. Those days you just flashed your student ID at the door and walked in. We always ended up settling in the corner around 202, which were great seats (for free!).

I looked at work late last week and I think there were only 300s available at that time. If I remember correctly there was a single ticket available in one of the corner 200s sections. I've never bought single game tickets or even sold my tickets before so I honestly don't even know what the face value is for the various sections. I ended up paying $65 each (no fees) for the two I bought which seemed reasonable.

9. dawgs2014

Money:
    $4,262
    I checked before I posted and there were indeed plenty. Sometimes it acts up and lets you click a section but shows nothing there and you have to just come back to it. Face for that game is like 39-49 per ticket after fees (depending how high) so I think you did fine.