$2 Million Donation

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by UDDawg, Apr 5, 2021.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
  2. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,110
    Dang - great people to have backing the program. No relation apparently, but also reminded me of one of the greatest victory cigar players in Butler history in Ben Slaton.

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    Love this quote:

“We’re impressed by how he communicates with the players and gives them opportunities to engage with the world outside of basketball. I know he’s been talking to them about all the events that have been going on in the world in the past year, and we think that really develops a well-rounded person when you have a student-athlete graduate who has learned about more than just basketball.”

I understand that wins and losses are ultimately how Lavall will be and should be judged, but it’s this stuff that really makes me proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bumba, ButlerNut, jeff and 15 others like this.
  4. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,885
    Absolutely. Ultimately, the school is in the business of educating and creating the next generation of leaders.

2xDawg likes this.
  5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,065
    Haha oh God. That’s gonna really trigger those (y’all know who you are) who think LaVall should shut up and coach basketball and not support BLM and other social justice initiatives. Seems like that is exactly what is earning the support of this couple to the program. Well done, everyone.

And if they happen to see this, thanks for the gift to the program and for understanding that what makes Butler basketball special extends off the court.

jeff, NCJon, #60 and 5 others like this.
  6. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,313
    Great news!

7. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,053
    Are they going to double-down on a new training staff with that money?

cornette33 and knobcreekfan like this.
  8. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    Heard they are buying leaches and whiskey for injury treatment and prevention. If that doesn’t work they will consider more liberal use of amputations.

9. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,053
    Sanguination. Let’s do it Medieval style!

NCJon and dawgs2014 like this.
  10. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,343
    How did you become the arbitor of what is well done at BU?

11. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,191
    Exceptionally generous donation. And yes, a good coaching staff should be using their influence to raise up great men, not just great players. But also note the couple gave the gift in 2012 so while they clearly make reference to current initiatives, the gift preceded that.