20-21 Look ahead

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Mar 18, 2020.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,319
    My buddy from SC just raves about Tate - said he is unselfish, makes his teammates better and is super talented. I think they could both start as sophomores - Harris at the 1 & Tate at the 2. The thing I like about Harris is he has played against high caliber competition. That could help speed up his BE learning curve.

estar20dawg, BoyGeoff and bobbu64 like this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,827
    Harris has displayed a sharp edginess in the videos.

estar20dawg likes this.
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,109
    Was never trying to put Tate down. Love The kids. Think he is super special and going to have a phenomenal Butler career. I've watched both plenty. Harris as a freshman I just think will be ahead of Tate. Not a knock on him as a player or person. And I think they both start as sophomores and make one of the most dynamic backcourts in the BE. As we've grown to love AT, Harris follows that identity, while his defense isn't quite at ATs level, he'll be elite defensively and they both will get a year learning from AT. Harris's offense is already better than AT and is still expanding. I'll give you Tate's offense is big time, Harris isn't as far as an afterthought and a lot of coaches have even stated Harris could slide over and play some 2, but he is a quintessential point guard. I really think we will have a luxury finally with these 2 both capable of running the point and playing off. I think they compliment each other well. They both are hard working, unselfish kids who will do all the little things to make the team better.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Sidd Finch and BoyGeoff like this.
  4. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $605
    The issue who plays more may be determined by the rotation of the guards. If LJ employs a three-man rotation with AT, Bolden and one of the two freshmen, then the other freshman may see limited minutes; however, if LJ goes with a four-man rotation, Harris playing the point and Tate playing the 2 could result in them seeing similar minutes. Another thing to think about is just how many minutes does AT play on a regular basis each game.

seadawg likes this.
  5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,828
    To me Harris does not appear to be as athletic or as explosive as Tate. Maybe his defense and court awareness are better.

seadawg likes this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,074
    AT's minutes are dependent on his fouls...other than being in foul trouble or injured he was on the court and will be. So you can count on at least 32-33 minutes from him. The mnutes will be probably slim for both Tate and Harris this year. They'll see some run but they have two seniors in front of them so it will be mostly limited run.

I also agree come next season that combo will begin to show out as an absolute problem for other teams. It'll be similar to KB and AT this past year. We have a lot to be pumped about with those youngsters for sure.

seadawg likes this.
  7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,827
    It is extremely difficult to judge who may have an edge based on videos alone, but I do think at least one receive significant court time.

8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,828
    Agree. Highlight videos are misleading

9. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,314
    I think there is a chance LJ could run some of Boldin at the three which would allow some more time for the freshmen.

10. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,307
    Modified IU school schedule due to COVID. IU students not on campus for 11 weeks in the middle of the basketball season (November 21-February 7). Even if fans are allowed at games, it will be pretty dead for much of the season. Has Butler posted its schedule yet?

(I originally posted this on the COVID thread but have since deleted it. For some reason that thread has degenerated into a miasma of name-calling and button-pushing. It's like someone else takes over people's keyboards when they open that thread. I'm hoping for a more measured and thoughtful response if I post this here.)

upload_2020-5-28_11-43-3.png

Bulldogs260 and tlp63 like this.
  11. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $194
    You think that's bad, you should see a game thread when Butler's losing or lost. Oops, I forgot the sarcasm font. Well, maybe if there's no fans, then there will not be as much immediate reaction when IU lets people down against somebody really obscure.

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,828
    Are the players on campus? They are being assigned numbers and a tweet I saw led me to believe they are on campus.,

13. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,303
    Google dot com

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

14. Albick

Money:
    $1,307
    Chuck Harris has a big jersey to fill. If he performs as well as the last person to wear that number . . .

15. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,041
    Not sure how to feel about this. Give KB his flowers for 2-3 years first, damn.

shoeevv and willisbrown like this.
  16. Albick

Money:
    $1,307
    Butler announcing jersey numbers gives rise to some interesting uniform number trivia. How about this: since 2008-09, only three Butler players have had jersey numbers in the 50s and only two have had jersey numbers in the 40s. Can you name them?

cornette33 likes this.
  17. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $194
    Nate, Joey, and Matt H.

Andrew and Andrew.

18. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,315
    What # do u think Scooby chooses? My guess is Coles will choose something in the 40's. How about Tate?

19. Albick

Money:
    $1,307
    You got it. Congrats!

2xDawg likes this.
  20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,908
    Ha - I had to think about the second Andrew since nobody refers to him as such. Smeathers was the only one coming to mind at first, aside from Smith, which I knew was not correct.

(Andrew) Chrabascz was one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops