20-21 Look ahead

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Mar 18, 2020.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,297
    Would be quite the October Surprise.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020 at 12:11 PM
  2. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,784
    I think the simplest explanation is the true one: he announced and is going to play professionally (somewhere) next year but feels connected to the team.

3. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,195
    dawgs2014 likes this.
  4. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,212
    Those around the program must be anticipating a big year from Golden.

NCJon likes this.
  5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $351
    He did grow a ton from his Freshman to Sophomore seasons, so hopefully that's the case. Really the most likely way this year is a good year for Butler is for there to have been a lot of development from the returning players. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Freshmen class could become, but I'm not anticipating any of them to be the kind of difference makers this team needs from day one.

bumba, NCJon and ConnersvilleBulldog like this.
  6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,390
    In re-evaluating the frosh class, I do think Tate will show plenty flashes of hope for the future and possibly more. Originally I felt Harris may have gotten the early nod for playing time. I remain confident Coles will be a solid addition as well. With Johnson's premature exit, the addition of Hodges would prove very desirable with an extra year of eligibility. Still many unknowns on who might emerge.

7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,456
    There's literally no excuse, with the extra year being granted, not to play Hodges. He'd come right in start and I'd wager he'd lead the team in scoring.

I do expect Tate to be quite the spark plug and have some big nights but like with many freshmen....he'll struggle aplenty too.

8. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,053
    I'm wondering when we're going to get schedule news. The start of the season is supposedly 6 weeks away and we don't know much of anything yet.

The CAA, which I follow a little because of my connections to the two North Carolina schools, put out its conference schedule yesterday and it's interesting. In an effort to limit travel, teams will play each other on back-to-back nights at one site. So you either get two home games or two road games against the same league opponent. I guess with limitations on fan attendance that will take a good bit of the home court advantage away, but not all of it. Really curious to see how that shakes out. I can't see any of the power leagues following a similar format.

9. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,083
    Practice has started, and the season is right around the corner. I know Butler has always been pretty limited with media coverage, but what the hell? How hard is it to set up a Zoom call with media members twice a week...?

10. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,282
    Big East Virtual Media Day is next week. I'll try to get as much as I can for you guys :)

bumba, Mad_Dawg 48, Shimmy and 2 others like this.
  11. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,282

Not surprising news but worth noting. I've seen him in pretty light wrapping of the wrist a couple times recently and heard the same about him being full-go very soon.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020 at 4:39 PM
  12. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,320
    I think I saw they extended the Priority Points deadline to Oct. 30, still wondering when Select-a-Seat is going to happen after that. The last email I got from MBB was early September

13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,297
  14. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,456
    God praise Moses I hope so. We need bodies, good or bad, but this kid is a hell of a player. I couldn't read the article because I don't have a subscribtion...did it sound pretty promising? He plays, we got a shot to be at least decent. Our starting 5 would have a TON of experience and we could massage the freshman lightly in. It makes a very big difference. Hooray if this has legs.

Thompson-3 years
    Bolden-4 years
    Nze-3 years plus a sit out
    Golden-2 years
    Hodges-3 years

Give me that ish.

BURph92, bumba and BHayden like this.
  15. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,212
    He said he’s official filing for the waiver. He didn’t say whether or not he feels confident he’d get one. But the article made it seem like it would likely get approved.

bumba and willisbrown like this.
  16. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,456
    They are handing out waivers like herpes at a swingers' party...it shouldn't be a problem.

17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,320
    Hahaha

18. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,705
    Man, I’m with you on this one Willis. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

willisbrown likes this.
  19. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,335
    The starting five would have a ton of experience, and everyone would be back next year with one more year of experience, and a more experienced group of this year's freshmen, and the 2021 recruits.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,519

There should be a fan petition to bring back the Nze Mohawk. Maybe even a Zoom virtual rally idk.