20-21 Look ahead

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Mar 18, 2020.

1. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Member

Money:
    $133
    I doubt he wants to come back after X fans literally ripped him on Twitter when he announced before butler game.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $706
    I really hope you're right about Battle. However, I find it telling to look at this Forum's 2021 Recruiting section. All of our remaining targets (that we know of) are Wings or Shooting Guards -- and our 2 Verbals are first a SG and second, an athletic Wing. This is on top of Scoob and 2 top 150 guards coming in this year.

You can interpret this any way you want, but I don't think it's unreasonable to paint this as a lack of confidence in Battle by LJ and Staff. And maybe Battle is looking at this the same way and thus the transfer chatter. Please don't jump on me for this idle speculation but honestly if I was in his position I'd almost certainly be thinking the same thing.

2xDawg likes this.
  3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,295
    That’s the thing about leaving- the unknown. Who wants to play in Europe now and the G League pay I would assume is not all that attractive. There isn’t any certainty with leaving unless you are assured about being drafted.

4. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
    Its not the Big Dance....but at least its something....

John Fanta
    @John_Fanta

·
    33m

This Just In: Seton Hall's Myles Powell, Marquette's Markus Howard, Butler's Kamar Baldwin and Xavier's Tyrique Jones will represent
    @BIGEASTMBB
    in the
    @3X3UHoops
    National Championship.

SnoopDawg likes this.
  5. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $938
    It doesn't look like these games will actually be played. It says on Monday we can start voting for teams. How disappointing. That team could have beaten anyone.

2xDawg likes this.
  6. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $706
    Sometimes idle speculation is correct.

As I said in previous posts above, he will not be a big loss. He is a YT dunk highlight and not a basketball player -- no court awareness or intelligence. Amen for Tate and Scooby.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  7. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $580
    Another unfair example with the eligibility rules pertaining to Christian David.

If CD misses the first half of the season next year, then he will have essentially missed a full season of basketball over 2 years, but he won't get another year of eligibility.
    Whereas if he had played this entire season, and instead torn his ACL this June, and missed the entire 2020-21 season, he would be eligible for the 2021-22 season. Even though he would be missing the same number of games over the same time span he may miss anyway.
    Essentially punishing him for the timing of his injury.

Would be nice to have some version of red-shirting that includes an in-season injury exemption. Where if rehab will span across 2 seasons, and the totality of time missed equals one season or more, they get another year.

2xDawg, Tentozen, estar20dawg and 2 others like this.
  8. ButlerHoopsFan

ButlerHoopsFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $588
    You’re missing a key factor here. If he sits out all of next year he can take a medical redshirt I believe.

If he plays then he waived that right.

Your scenario is trying to double dip in playing half of next year and getting an extra year.

If a player got injured in November and couldn’t come back till March should they get to play in March and get the year of eligibility back?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg likes this.
  9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,953
    “Breaking story”?

10. BigHoss

BigHoss Member

Money:
    $144
    I’m gonna go with Meyer stepping aside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,295
    Interesting that woods would know yet the the university hasn’t announced anything. Could be another player leaving of significance. But it might be a coach leaving.

12. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,808
    That'd be my guess as well.

13. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,734
    This makes more sense.

14. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,923
    When's the last time Woods had an actual scoop? Lol. We've known about Meyer, I'm assuming they want a press release through the IndyStar. Dude has had one hell of a career.

Johnny Beilein needs a job.

bumba likes this.
  15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,186
    I'd be OK with seeing Beilein on our sideline if Meyer is ready to go. More credibility is never a bad thing.

16. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,492
    I'd be OK with Beilein on the sideline period. I don't really see him being the kind of coach who wants to serve as an assistant at the end of his career, but if he does and he wants to help LaVall you make room for him.

bumba likes this.
  17. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $328
    Okay my head is spinning. A look at 2020-21 team depth chart:

PG: 1)AT, 2)Harris, 3)Donovan (Walk-On)
    SG: 1)Tate, 2)Scooby
    SF: 1)Scooby, 2)Hastings, 3)David, 4)Parker (walk-on),
    PF: 1)Nze, 2)Jakobe Coles, 3)David
    C: 1)Golden, 2)Mulloy 5-10 minutes

Wild Card: Myles Wilmouth

I fully expect one of the freshmen to shine and another to play 15 minutes a game and be competitive against Big East competition.
    The other 3 freshmen likely 10 minutes combined.

Remember AT & KB were able to contribute as freshmen. Problem is I have no idea which one shines. Hopefully Tate or Scooby and go get immediate eligible 3 preferably over a 2 who can score 13-15. A second transfer can be immediately eligible or not(best available).

If they play together which I think with AT being a coach on the floor they have a decent chance of doing they can be a pretty solid team. Borderline NCAA/NIT team. We should improve throughout the year as we learn how to blend the 120 minutes from the new guys.
    1)AT (30-35 minutes a night)
    2)Nze (25-30 minutes a night)
    3)Golden (22-27 minutes a night)

18. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $743
    No way he is a #2! If I were at DePaul...I'd be talking to him big time.

19. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,923
    20-21 Prediction: not good

willisbrown likes this.
  20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,186
    We don't know how the 2020's are going to do. I would rather have two incoming Mr. Basketball's on the floor (Tate & Scooby) than two guys who don't want to be here (Battle & Tucker). They're also going to be surrounded by AT, Nze and Golden. Throw the kids in the deep end of the pool and let them learn how to swim.

DawgPoundMac, jeff, Brett and 2 others like this.