20-21 Look ahead

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Mar 18, 2020.

1. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,725
    Obviously hard to predict but I would expect to have a few games postponed or cancelled throughout the season just based on what we’ve seen in college football. Also could have games in which a team or both teams could be playing short-handed.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

seadawg likes this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,790
    Unfortunately I think Butler is going to be playing short handed with or without covid. Hodges can change all that but for now we'll be playing small and not very deep.

3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,613
    Willis, be careful before you doom Hodges with failure. LOL

4. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,609
    Well obviously. DePaul is already cancelling their first three games. SIX of the schools in conference have already paused at some point already for COVID.

And we're worried about whether or not fans are going to be allowed?

5. CMG

CMG Member VIP Member

Money:
    $136
    27 Teams are currently on COVID pause.

Does anyone remember what the NCAA recommended amount of non-conference games was? I want to say 4, but can't find a source.

6. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,150
    Only 99 hours til tip off. :p

formz42, Shimmy, TheDawgDub95 and 2 others like this.
  7. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,790
    It's quite the amazing feel good feeling. Hoops is bout to be back. It feels literally like forever since the early spring when it was all ripped away and corona took off. So glad we'll have a season and excited to see the new kids do their thing.

znelson15 and ButlerNut like this.
  8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,613
    My hope is everyone truly appreciates what these players have went though to this point. Not seeing their families and staying isolated while following protocols and practicing in masks. They have been forced temporarily give up so much to play the game they love...

troggy, ButlerHomer, Shimmy and 7 others like this.
  9. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Active Member

Money:
    $253
    Does anyone know what the plan is for the team after the game Wednesday night? Is the team going to stay on campus, are the players allowed to go home for Thanksgiving?

10. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,442
    Anyone local that's inquired about tickets for attending in-person games get an idea of what the game day fan experience is going to be like? What other protocols other than reduced capacity are in place? (e.g. timed entry, one-way concourses, etc.)
    I also keep seeing other squads posting their bench setups, but nothing from Butler yet.

EDIT: looks like they just posted them, or I missed them before. https://butlersports.com/feature/Gameday

Also setting capacity at 1500 for the first game according to a release: https://butlersports.com/news/2020/...ouse-for-first-two-mens-basketball-games.aspx

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 5:45 PM
  11. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,109
    For those of you interested in how Indy may host the entire March Madness, check out the latest podcast from IBJ. Insightful without extreme details. Sounds like there are a couple more smaller tournaments (leagues maybe?) possibly coming too.

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,790
    I was looking at some bracketology yesterday and cbs sports had it set as a 4 site opening round with those sites being Mackey, Assembly. Hinkle and Bankers Life. Then Bankers Life and Hinkle for sweet 16/elite 8 at Hinkle and Bankers Life. I think they were just having fun with the idea but it was interesting to think about.

13. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,986
    The cancelations just for tomorrow:

upload_2020-11-24_10-41-43.png

14. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $788
    I can't remember where it was but someone raised a question once about playing tournament games in places like Hinkle, etc. The response from someone at the NCAA was that it might be fun to do that one year. This might wind up being that year, for better or worse.

15. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $788
    And that list will probably grow a little by tomorrow.

ButlerNut likes this.
  16. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,310
    Under normal circumstances, Butler wouldn’t want to give up access to their own court for practices during March Madness. But obviously this year is a different animal.

17. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,986
    I looked ahead and so many already canceled through Saturday as well.