20-21 Look ahead

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,714
    That is because Coach K is an egomaniac. He is all knowing and invented the game (only kidding).

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,501
    And to think I thought Butler invented basketball...o_O

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  3. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,913
    Just the orange one, courtesy of Tony!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg, seadawg, DawgsMD and 2 others like this.
  4. Red1972

Money:
    $1,714
    Tell that Dakich!

seadawg likes this.
  5. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,506
    It just depends on what happens with Tucker and the transfer market--and if it's one that can play immediately.

Thompson
    Transfer SG
    Tucker
    Nze
    Golden

Looks a lot better than:

Thompson
    Freshman
    Freshman
    Nze
    Golden

With other variations in between.

6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,788
    Y'all really need to let the Tucker thing go.

7. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $763
    I'm pretty sure that's what Coach K said immediately after the game too. That building was rocking and Butler had the mo'. Crowds only matter in a few sports, and college basketball is probably the top one.

8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,764
  9. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,242
    How does a D1 athlete continue to train during a pandemic? Just curious if anyone here has any insights into how D1 athletes, and the Butler basketball players in particular, are maintaining/improving their fitness and skills during this time. In general, gyms and fitness facilities are closed in most states, I think, so players would have to use their own personal or other private facilities. For basketball players, you could do individual workouts if you have a place to do it, but competition probably is out (although I'll bet there are some pretty fierce one-on-one games between the Golden brothers going on in their driveway). You could do ball handling drills pretty much anywhere (there's a great Payton Pritchard ball handling drill video online; it looks like he was doing his drill in a garage). Thoughts or insights?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  10. Red1972

Money:
    $1,714
    I am really beginning to doubt that there will be a 20-21 season. Just look at the facts. I hope I am wrong, but the feeling is strong.

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,788
    100% disagree. If you track some numbers, this thing is starting to slow down/plateau. Now, these next 10 or so days...prob going to be rough. But, if you look at data around the world it seems it is losing steam. Everything may be pushed back (football and hoops) but there will be a season. I am confident that will be the case.

I'm usually glass half empty, hell I don't know where the glass is. But, I do feel more optimistic and confident that this thing will be defeated and in time for fall and winter sports. We're going to see a continued bell curve dip in the coming weeks. Deadbolt lock that one. This week will prob suck. But the numbers are becoming more encouraging that we'll escape this thing and get back to normal.

12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,692
    Willis you could be right. If the country that it started in with 1.4 billion people and 20% of the world’s population now has virtually no home grown cases then this could well be over soon.

13. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,079
  14. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,913
    Agree. Their numbers are absolute garbage.

DawgPoundMac and 2xDawg like this.
  15. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $763
    There definitely won't be butts in seats. That'll have to wait until the vaccine is approved and given to a large majority of the nation. I am placing a bet on MLB Opening Day 2022 as the first major* sporting event with fans attending.

*By major: CBB, CFB, MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, Racing, Golf

16. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,859
    Opening day 2022? Holy ****! I have no clue if you’re right or not. But good god I hope you’re wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $692
    Couldn't figure out where to drop this but figured this thread was good enough for now. Looks like ol' Joe dropped his too early 20-21 bracket yesterday.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/281

What a weird look for the BE. Two 1s and two 9s. It took me a hot minute to find his fourth team since I forgot about UConn for a second.

18. WDLTH

WDLTH New Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10
    He must have forgotten that UConn will be in the Big East too. Providence is an 11 seed, which would be 5 BE schools

19. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,692
    You don’t believe China is telling the truth? Seriously?

20. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $692
    Ha whoops definitely missed them listed there.