2010 Duke player under investigation

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BUcheer, Sep 7, 2012.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,141
    Could get interesting:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/20093926/exduke-player-thomas-sued-for-68k-in-unpaid-jewelry

2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    That is interesting. I can't imagine Lance Thomas was aligned with an agent though as he was a bit player and wasn't going to get drafted. Most likely the Mom financed the 30K down payment and they just reneged on the rest of it.

3. Bulldog Grit

Bulldog Grit New Member

Money:
    $6
    Could be the second issue of Lance getting a deal that others wouldn't get. I'll pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today.

4. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    I hope they don't find him to have been ineligible. Finishing 2nd is painful enough as it is, but for me it would be even worse to finish 2nd with a vacant champion.

5. Dog77

Dog77 New Member

Money:
    $5
    So if the NCAA title is "vacated" what would happen? Does that just mean there was not champion that year--end of story? Or does the NCAA designate a champion?

6. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    and I bet that UCONN will eventually have to vacate their championship (call it a hunch). So we would be runner up with no champ for 2 years

7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,141
    Looks like this is going away:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/20220165/lance-thomas-is-probably-gonna-be-the-new-corey-maggette

8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Seth Davis ?@SethDavisHoops
    This settlement appears to come with confidentiality agreement. So who's gonna provide the smoking gun?

Schools get in trouble because a) someone w/ axe to grind turns over info or b) someone reveals damaging info by accident.

I believe Thomas took extra benefit but to quote from A Few Good Men: "It doesn't matter what I know. What matters is what I can prove."