2014 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Bulldawg, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    Bracket being released...who do you guys have winning it all?

2. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
    Call me a homer - but I like Butler's chances this year.

But seriously - Florida, Michigan State, or Syracuse are my picks (without seeing the full brackets yet).

3. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $516
    NC State? They did not deserve to get in. Too bad for schools like Green Bay, Louisiana Tech etc.

4. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Neither did X.

NCAA looking out for their big money makers - Cuse & Duke both get 3 seeds and in state games... Creighton gets sent to Texas. Kentucky an 8 seed in the Midwest.

The West region is an F'ing joke

5. Bulldawg

Money:
    $590
    No way wichita state makes it out of the midwest. Carolina vs providence should be a great game. I still don't get Louisville as a 4 and I don't think Kansas deserves a 2. I hope VCU gets the crap beat out of them. I think Creighton has a good shot out west.

6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    I couldn't believe the draw Wichita State got as a 1. That Regional at Lucas Oil could be UK, Louisville, Duke and Michigan. You think the NCAA won't like that given $$$.

I agree on Creighton. They have a very good chance to get to the Elite Eight. Nova got a good draw too. Michigan State is a nightmare as a 4seed in the East though. With Dawson and payne healthy. They looked good today vs Michigan.

I think the South is the best region. Florida is loaded. I like Kansas more than you do. UCLA is playing well and Syracuse is there too. Ohio state draws Dayton.

We need to get back in this thing next year. THE best sporting event bar none.

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    I would have been fine with just 3 from the Big East. X was all over the place this year. A10 gets 6.

Any upset picks for Round 1?

Harvard over Cinn
    Providence over North carolina
    Iowa over UMass
    Nebraska over Baylor
    I am tempted by Western Michigan to shock Cuse, as Cuse seems to be limping in late, but talent diff might be too much. Boeheim looked uninterested in ACC tourney.

Would LOVE to see Mercer beat Duke.

8. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $516
    I have Bison Fever. ND state over OKlahoma. Other than that, the midmajors have some bad draws. A lot of that is because these conferences are sending their UWMs instead of their UWGBs

9. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    Hate to say this, but Louisville is peaking at the right time. Horrible seed though.

10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,984
    Dayton will beat Ohio State, and St. Joes can beat Nova if they meet. St. Joes is very underrated.

11. Bulldawg

Money:
    $590
    First four: I think Tj Warren and nc state will wipe semaj off the planet. Warren is is a fantastic player. Iowa Tennessee will be a good game but I like Iowa being tested in the B1G.

South: I feel that pitt got cheated on their seed, much better than a 9 especially with that performance against Unc. Love the draw VCU got, the sooner they lose the better. I like the possible Ucla Florida game. Surprised no one is thinking about Ohio St getting upset by Dayton. Syracuse has a pretty good chance at the Elite 8 if they play to their potential. I think Kansas is in trouble against a big New Mexico. Also Kansas is seeded too high (I actually agree with Barkley for once).
    Right now I think it's an easy road for Florida.

East: Memphis GW will be fun to watch. I like Harvard for sure, I picked them over NM last year. I like Michigan St but all the experts have them in the final four so that throws up flags for me. Delaware could be tough for MSU. Marcus Paige vs Brice Cotton will be a great head to head game, I like Providence to win. Iowa State and Nova could be a good game, I like Jay Wright to bounce back. UCONN St. Joes is a tossup game.
    I would pick Michigan State but that is too mainstream, I'll give the edge to Nova but don't forget UVA they play such good team ball.

West: This bracket is a joke, but it will be interesting if Ok St plays Zona. After seeing smart play in person I think he could lead his team to upset Arizona. I like Oklahoma to get to the sweet 16 and it would be interesting if they play ok st. I think Nebraska will be playing Creighton. Oregon will lose to Wisconsin. I think this bracket Is insanely weak.
    Wisconsin vs Creighton could determine how this bracket plays out.

Midwest: Wichita State is so screwed it is unbelievable. As the great Charles Barkley said "why should they be penalized because every team in their conference sucks?" whoever wins UK K St will beat wichita st. I really think Wichita State is talented but they got robbed. Saint Louis will shut down whoever they play. Louisville got screwed over, I thought they could be a 1, but really a 4? They will be in the Elite 8. Umass will be playing Iowa and I like Iowa to win. I hope duke loses to mercer but it is unlikely. Arizona State Texas will be a good game and they will test Michigan.
    This bracket is so up in the air, I am going with Louisville or Michigan.

Champion: Let's go with Uhhhh Florida.

Best region: South has best up top, best top to bottom is the Midwest.

Who should have made it: Green Bay got robbed so did southern miss and Louisiana tech, Xavier and Nc state should not have made it.

Best 1st round game: Providence vs Carolina

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  13. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    Agree on Dayton and OSU. Also, as pointed out above, North Dakota St may be the 12-5 upset we always see. I was also high on the NCCU team as a sleeper, but I am not sure if they have enough juice to beat ISU.

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Anybody see Florida as the only #1 seed making it to the Sweet Sixteen?

15. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,836
    If Michigan State plays like they did today they could run the table. I always felt you needed at least three potential NBA players to win it all. Michigan State has at least five. They are loaded and healthy.

16. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Nice draws for Villanova & Creighton.

WSU easily got the hardest draw of any #1 - if they make the final 4, no one will be able to claim they didn't earn it.

NC State does not deserve to be in. Everyone will be saying that too, which means they will be highly motivated and probably win 2+ games. Happens every year, VCU being the most prominent example.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  17. Bulldawg

Money:
    $590
    Michigan State. In 18 seasons as a head coach, Izzo has never had a four-year player fail to reach a Final Four. That streak is on the line for the current senior class.

That is enough to convince me they will make it.

18. Dewars12

Dewars12 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $521
    I'm not betting against Izzo getting to the final four - especially with a billion dollars on the line. Wichita St. got hosed, but I think for a number 1 overall - so did Florida. I am really looking forward to see what Doug McD and Creighton can do. Now we are in the big east, I hope all our fellow members do well.

19. Bulldawg

Money:
    $590
    Except X.

20. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Indiana misses the NIT field. :)