2014 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Bulldawg, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,064
    The only thing salvaging this evening is watching Virginia beat Memphis.

2. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,064
    Sad way for Doug McDermott to end a fabulous college career. One of the all time great college players and class kid.

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,462
    Many people think Georgetown & St. John's when they think the BE. The conference might have received more publicity if they would have been better this year. Agree with your sentiment about the tourney. March Madness has been brutal this year. The ACC only made it through the weekend with one team advancing yet the SEC is undefeated. Go figure.

4. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,064
    And UConn, Syracuse, ND etc. this isn't the same BE by a long shot.

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 16m
    Dayton has 13 assists on its 15 field goals. Wisconsin has seven assists on its eight field goals.

---------

IMO if there is one thing Butler needs to improve on offensively it is this. Passing/Ball movement and finding guys in position to score. Rose's passing and slashing to hoop and Kelan's mid range and expanding 3 game are going to help. Woods needs to amp up his offensive arsenal. I was really disappointed with his ability to finish plays last year. If he doesn't he may sit more if we get Jackson Davis, who already is college ready body wise.

6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Very cool for Dayton if they can hold on and beat Stanford. Went over there last year for that Butler-Dayton game and I thought the Dayton people were some of the classiest fans around. Nice arena too. If Big east expands would love to have them join.

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    When Wisconsin is "on", they are scary good. Just destroying Scott Drew and Baylor.

8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,064
    Kind of like watching Baylor beat Creighton.

9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,064
    Xavier fans would disagree with you on all accounts. Probably says a lot about Xavier. Happy for the Flyers. They are classy.

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,064

I felt Woods inability to finish was because of weak hands and arms.

11. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Chas Wolfe ‏@highmajorscoop 23m
    If Archie Miller $tays at Dayton...he's the most loyal coach in America. Contract or not..

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Ronald Nored ‏@ronaldnored 1h
    In honor of the Sweet 16 games my #tbt is my favorite game of my 145 game career. Sweet 16 vs #1 seed… http://instagram.com/p/mEPgSHMXBc/

-------

That 3 Nored hit will live on forever....Brad Stevens totally outcoached Jim Boeheim that night too. The meltdown on the Cuse boards after that game lasted at least a year. Those people literally HATED Matt Howard.

13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,064
    I thought Stevens figuring out how to brake Syracuse' zone was the key.

14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,064
    Interesting how things can change in one year. Last year Dayton was a 12 seed in the A10 and Butler beat them in the first round of the tournament.

15. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,640
    Hope Dayton wins it all. They'd have a trump card on those losers from Cincy for life lol.

16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,086
    Thanks for all the Dayton love, guys! I was there last night, 8 hour drive was WELL worth it.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,064
    Dayton belongs. Will be rooting for them to go all the way.

18. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    Great run by Dayton. I will be rooting for them next year.

19. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    Uconn just proved how important making free throws is.

20. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Really sloppy game by Michigan State. UConn's D deserves credit though. To me this is shaping up as a Florida/Kentucky showdown a week from Monday.