2014 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Bulldawg, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    It is very ironic that the two teams that beat Florida all year made it to the final 4. I'll be rooting for Michigan but my bet is UK wins. I don't think wisconsin has the talent to stop UK athletically. Uconn Florida will be a great game.

2. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $516
    Most of the turnovers had nothing to do with UConn defense, just terrible play by MSU.

I really hate UConn.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,837
    MSU'S second half with Napier reminded me of Butler's second half against UConn in the 2011 final game with Walker.

4. Bulldawg

Money:
    $590
    I have no problem with uconn they didn't crush our dreams like duke did, we did that on our own.

5. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    Shooting free throws at practice is a priority for UConn and it shows. Wouldn't it be nice for Butler to make that a priority.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  6. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    Agree. I was just comparing the two games. I have seen the Duke game on numerous occasions and still believe there were several interesting calls that went in Duke's favor at unusual times.

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    The Hayward charge with Scheyer practically standing under the basket was a complete joke of a call. Wish we would have had the semi-circle then.

8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    MSU ended up taking 26 3's, 15 "2's", and shot 4 FTs. Harris took one shot in the final 5 minutes. Their offense was a cluster F all day. Some of that was UConn's pressure, but I tend to agree with you that MSU really did a lot of damage to themselves. Just a bizarre game played by MSU. They deserved to lose IMO.

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    I just don't want UK to win it all.......

10. Bulldawg

Money:
    $590
    I can't believe Kentucky made that shot on such a crappy play.

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,985
    Not expecting much of an answer here because it was a while ago, but Kevin Kuwik (assistant at UD, spent a year on the Butler staff) tweeted today that he first met Devin Oliver (one of UD's best players) on a recruiting visit at Butler. Does anyone remember if Butler's recruitment of him went very far? He would have been in Marshall and Fromm's class.

12. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Hope Wisconsin wins it all.

13. Bulldawg

Money:
    $590
    Uconn> UK

14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,985
    I wish it could end up in a tie.

15. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    I'd love to see UConn win so that Cal goes out a loser(if he takes Lakers job as expected). Both of these programs are shady as hell in the recruiting game though. UK will be sanctioned/investigated heavily IMO when Cal leaves. Why the NCAA doesn't have the sack to do it now is beyond me. Backboneless admin at the NCAA. UK is a cash cow for the NCAA.

16. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $94
    There's always the possibility that the winner has the title vacated tomorrow ahead of the women's game.

In all honesty, I think Kentucky should win, but I've just got this feeling about UConn.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    You hit it on the head. The NCAA needs participants like Kentucky, Calipari, Bruce Pearl, Sampson, UConn do help fill their pockets. This tournament is virtually the entire revenue of the NCAA.

18. Bulldawg

Money:
    $590
    I personally don't have a problem with Uconn, but I can understand with their academic violations and such.

19. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $441
    Warde Manual, UConn's AD cut the program to shreds and rebuilt it in a hurry after the NCAA violations. I wish he would have stayed at Buffalo. Now, new AD Danny White (his dad's AD at Duke) are totally revamping the program under new coach (ex Duke PG) Bobby Hurley.

20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,845
    Free throws difference in game. UConn perfect 10-10. UK misses 10 and loses by 6 points. Tough way for some of those guys to end their careers early. Hats off to Huskies - Ollie did a great job rallying his team through a tough mess only to come out on top.