2017-18 Season

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Jun 1, 2017.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,186
    Your first mistake is trying to understand rankings! ;)

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  2. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,186
    Now that Hinkle serves beer, let's schedule some Sunday games! :D

3. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $228
    You know sporting events were always allowed to do that right? Could you imagine if the Colts weren't allowed to sell alcohol?

Sent from my [device_name] using Butler Hoops mobile app

Mad_Dawg 48, estar20dawg and UDDawg like this.
  4. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,186
    I don't live in IN, so I didn't know this. I just know I have tried to buy several times when visiting friends and family there. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    This team now ranks 337th out of 351 in Haslametrics' consistency rating.

bmradio99 likes this.
  6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Lord who could be behind Butler? As soon as I'm convinced they can play with anyone they can't!

7. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,186
    There's a whole forum of people behind this team! :)

8. indienapolis

indienapolis Active Member

Money:
    $248
  9. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Member

Money:
    $186
    Kenpom has Butler rated as the 7th toughest schedule in the nation. That includes playing 7 games against teams in the top 20 (including 3 games against the national champion).

In the grand scheme of things: Butler, with a first year coach, navigating the 7th toughest schedule in the nation, neutral court win over Holtman, beating the national champs, and a first round tournament win should be viewed as a massive success. Yes, losing games like Georgetown and St. John's were upsetting and should not have happened. I was frustrated about losing toss up games like Providence and Seton Hall early on in Big East play. But that is why they are called toss up games. As fans, we should expect to split most of the games with teams like Marquette, Creighton, Providence, and Seton Hall in the years we expect to finish middle of the pack of the conference. Obviously, expectations should and will change when Butler is expected to finish in top 3 of the conference.

There are 351 D1 programs and our team is consistently in the top 32. Perspective.

PSUButlerFan, fdr, peeps112 and 4 others like this.
  10. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    And I am grateful that Butler was injury free all seasons(As far as we know) besides a couple games from McDermott and Wisdom Teeth for Wideman.

butlerguy03 and nicklas_early like this.
  11. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,198
    Perspective regarding LaValls first season. Not saying he is Wright or Beilen but even the best had to learn on the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Irishdawg and BHayden like this.
  12. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,161
    I’ve thought the same thing throughout the year. Seems like several teams were really hurt with injuries during this past season. Obviously staying healthy will be crucial for the 2018-19 squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

13. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    He was fantastic in general this year. Some things to work on but tremendous season. Now it will be about getting good recruits to move us into the upper echelon of the big east consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Heard this factoid today - Villanova lost 1 time this season when they had their full starting lineup of Brunson, Booth, Bridges, Paschall and Spellman. That was to Butler.

harvesting, NateDog and DawgPoundMac like this.
  15. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,781
    And they scored 93 points and lost by 8

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

16. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,668
    Hmmm. I don't remember Booth playing in that game. Or was that one of his first games back and he didn't play much?

17. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Booth played 32 minutes. You probably don't remember him because he only scored 4 points.

18. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,186
  19. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,186
    Damn, you are fast! I had to go get the link to prove my point...slow typer here! LOL

20. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,994
    As I pointed out on Twitter. This is true, but Nova was short-handed. Gillespie and the other frosh was out. Still an impressive win, but with a caveat. They didn't have Evan Turner... ;-)

Tark43, #60 and ButlerNut like this.