2017 Bracketology

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 16, 2017.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,186
    So, where do you think we get ranked today? I am thinking 14. I think Louisville and Oregon jump us. I think Duke won't fall below us even though they went 0-2 this week (because why should Duke ever get treated like anyone else?).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $686
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    Well, he's a jack bag and always has been. This resume Butler is putting together? It's a top 3 seed at least. If not top 2 seed. We just need to win what we're supposed to win going forward (liek today) and we'll be sitting very pretty.

ButlerHomer likes this.
  4. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    If we win out at home I don't see how we won't be at least a 3 seed

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  5. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $501
    Gotta imagine 3 seed is our ceiling at this point, largely due to that bad losses in ISU and St Johns. We would have to win out or damn near win out to get consideration at 2, possibly even 3.

6. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    Call me crazy, but I don't see why the winner of the Big East Tournament couldn't be a 1 seed. The "Big 3" should all remain in the top 12 in the AP poll if they just control their home court in conference play against each other.

7. steve

steve Member

Money:
    $132
  8. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    It is not just the losses but we have games at Villanova and Xavier near the end of the season. That plus the tourney could be problematic on seeding.

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    No way. St. John's on the road is hardly even a bad loss (close road loss to a fringe top 100 team? That's not a big deal).

A three seed is definitely not our ceiling, even if it is our most likely landing spot as of right now, and we certainly don't have to nearly win out to be a 2. We have one bad loss, just three total losses, and we've played one of the 5 most difficult schedules in the country. KPI, which ranks resumes to date, not the quality of the team or projected seed, has us 4th overall - a one seed.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  10. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,120
    St. John's is an annoying loss not grotesque like ISU, but those kind of issues come into play mostly when the committee is trying to compare two or three teams for a particular seeding. As Hinkle points out, our resume at present is one of the best in the NCAA - emphasis on RIGHT NOW, keeping it there will take a major maybe even a herculean effort. I see no game in the final 11 BE games that looks easy. Statistics say we will lose several of them - if we lose only a few we should land a three, lose more we go lower - but surprise everyone (again) and only lose one or two, then a two seed is really quite possible - it depends on that, and also what the teams currently above us do in these next few weeks.

11. ButlerHoopsFan

ButlerHoopsFan Active Member

Money:
    $221
    We should be a 2 at worst if we do what we should for the rest of the season. Anything less would be robbery

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

12. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,709
    My main goal is to get a seed in the tournament that lets us stay on the opposite side of one of the #1 Seed in Region we get placed in........ I am not really afraid of any of the current #1's in the Bracketology, but would like to see Butler finally get an easier path in the Dance.

13. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Considering how much the NCAA enjoys ****ing us over in regards to seeding, I expect us to lose 2 more games and wind up with a 5-6 seed.

14. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    I guess we have different definitions of a bad loss.

ISU is obviously a worse loss (much worse), but St. John's is a pretty bad loss. There are 350 odd schools in D1 college basketball, and they are barely within the top 1/3 of those teams.

15. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,120
  16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    The relevant definition is how the committee will look at it though, and a road loss to a top 100 team is not something you're penalized for.

17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    At this point, we keep up mostly what we are doing and snag at least one win in the BE tourney...a 2-3 is definitely in play and I would welcome that. Just can't puke anywhere. At Nova, At X should really be the only "for sure" losses any of us should be counting in our head. At Marquette and at Providence will be tough, but if we can split those, and finish the res of what we are supposed to, you'll see us on theat 2-3 line, I would hope.

18. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    Being a 2 seed or better, would help this program tremendously in recruiting. Not only for the us, but for the Big East in general. Kids will start seeing Big East Teams making the Final Four/Elite 8 in everyone's bracket. This is great exposure for the conference whether they actually make it there are not. To get recruits like Tre Jones, Brian Bowen, Kris Wilkes in the Big East, the average person must have an overall great respect for the Big East and we are getting there. I'm not saying the public's opinion is a huge factor but I know high school kids love it when they say "I'm going to play for ****" and they see their fans/family go crazy/be impressed about it. Nova is improving our conference so much right now. Lets get Butler/Creighton to do the same!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    DawgFan and ButlerNut like this.
  19. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    You may not be penalized as to getting into the tournament or not, but when your resume is being compared to the likes of UNC/UK, etc. it is going to be worse than any loss either of those upper echelon teams have...and it will be combined with the ridiculous ISU loss.

20. Dawgs4Life

Dawgs4Life Active Member

Money:
    $133
    You know UNC lost to Ga Tech right? Not the best example but I get the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

estar20dawg likes this.