2017 Bracketology

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,650
    Bonzi is a lot tougher than Chrabs and maybe better.

2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,779
    There's no maybe about it.

3. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,707
    Don't think he's tougher than Widemam though...

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    As I've previously mentioned, the 3 seed is unlikely. Even more unlikely would be a 3 seed ahead of Louisville on the S-Curve. I can't explain how awesome it would be to see the hissy-fit Slick Rick and his troop of knob-slobbers would throw if we got Indianapolis over them.

I would almost not care what we did in the tournament after that (almost).

Hinkle likes this.
  5. noltar

noltar Active Member

Money:
    $286
    Based on resume, the Irish as a 3 makes more sense than Oregon as a 3 IMO.

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,043
    Want no part of Florida or Virginia. Both could be 5 seeds, both far better than that. Iowa state or a cincy rematch, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. Mark Shelvin

Money:
    $2,032
    I would prefer Minnesota, Purdue, SMU, or Notre Dame.

As for 13 seeds, I'd prefer any of the 2 we haven't played yet. With the mental-midget syndrome this team occasionally develops, I don't like the idea of them playing a team they beat relatively soundly before.

8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,728
    The way we finished we'll be lucky to get a 4. Most likely the first 5 who gets the winner of the play in game. That wouldn't be so bad I guess. I'll be ecstatic with a 4 but even though they repeatedly say so, not a chance in hell humans don't notice a ****ty finish and use it for seeding. They're humans, not robots. And we will get punished for the late collapse in two games we out-talented and were in position to win...then peed down the leg.

9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    But there is no comparison when it comes to who is a better player.

10. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $501
    You are putting far more emphasis on a 2 game losing streak to end the season than i think the committee will. They will value our records against the top teams - assuming they are consistent with their emphasis they have shown over the years.

11. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,002
    Who gives a **** about better? Yeah, he is. What I meant was he's a 6-6 guy like Chrabs who over achieves from physical limits, has a variety of post moves, and can step out and hit a 3.

ND isnt running out a 6'10 swat machine rim protector that will give Butler nightmares. By the way, Minnesota has that player.

12. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,002
    Does Michigan get our 4-seed?

13. Mark Shelvin

Money:
    $2,032
    11 losses and not nearly the good wins. No chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

14. Dunhamfor3

Dunhamfor3 Active Member

Money:
    $72
    Zero chance they get a 4 seed. They will not get as good as a seed or better then Purdue

15. ewoloshin

ewoloshin New Member

Money:
    $13
    IMO we are a SOLID 4. I would not count out a chance at a 3 but I'm not expecting anything. I almost expect to play in Milwaukee.

I can definitely see the argument for Butler to be higher than Louisville on the S-curve. Butler is 10-4 against RPI top 50 teams while the Cardinals are 7-8. If you look at top 100 Butler is 16-5 and they are 13-8.
    It will all come down to how much weight they place on our BAD loses. Butler has shown that they have been the better team against the best teams in the nation. I am eager to watch the selection show in 45 minutes.
    and last but not least, GO DAWGS!

joliebeth23 likes this.
  16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,728
    They are human, just like you and I. That throw up job at the end will play a part. Do you (or anyone) really think we are a top 16ish team right now? We're not. Now, can we be and be better? Surely, we've proven it. I just think the 4 line is the ceiling, 5 line in play. So many teams showed so much more than we did down the stretch...all this nonsense about how "they look at overall resume, not how teams finished" they are human. They pay attention. It sucks too, finish that Xavier game and we're a 3...now with what else has happened, a 5 is easily in play. Frustrates me. Oh well, I suppose I should be happy to be dancing.

17. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    Does Wikileaks have the draw yet? Anybody have access to them?

Sidd Finch likes this.
  18. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $590
    Before the bracket releases, just your yearly reminder not to trust Kansas or any team from our west

19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    When the season started I hoped this team would make the dance. Well we made it easily. I too don't see us as a 4 since I don't believe we are a top 16 team. I'm OK even if we are a 5 or 6 as we probably more like a top 20-25 team. I'm also with Willis that bias will play a role in the placements which is why Syracuse may get in and we may be lower than we hope for.

TheOnlyNameLeft likes this.
  20. noltar

noltar Active Member

Money:
    $286
    Wisky can't be happy about that seed.