2017 Bracketology

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 16, 2017.

1. TheOnlyNameLeft

TheOnlyNameLeft Active Member

Money:
    $246
    Maryland..one of the few teams that could make me root for X...they did a "You are ugly" chant against Purdue. Bunch of asshat fans

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,994
    If anyone is looking for a little bracket pool action, I've run my company's pool for over 20 years. $5 a bracket, 5 brackets for $20 special. Points are seed x round for each correct pick. Have a few Butler alums and all are welcome. You can ship payment via paypal to butlergoalie@gmail.com. Message me for more details. Entry link is here:

http://cooterwrites.com/mm17/WebEntry_Form.htm

Admins, if this isn't kosher, feel free to delete.

3. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,781
    I don'tdo PayPal. Can you PM me an email to do Chase QuickPay?

4. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $4,781

5. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $4,781

6. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,228
    I'm already so over the Middle Tennessee talk on all the sports shows.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

7. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    Can I just say Middle Tennessee State should've been ranked a lot higher than a 15 seed last year? :(

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  8. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    And according to everyone on ESPN, they should have been a 3-seed this year.

9. troggy

troggy Active Member

Money:
    $596
    If they'd have needed an at-large bid, some of those same guys would have said they didn't have enough quality wins.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  10. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $575
    And they would have been right both times.

11. troggy

troggy Active Member

Money:
    $596
    Quite a conundrum for them. Most of those guys knew that MTSU belonged in the tournament but it went against their whole mantra of getting "top 50 wins".

12. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    Creighton and Louisville now go.e but Baylor, Wisco, Purdue, and Michigan remain. A lot of bad matchups remain for us. luckily wont play them until at least the final four!

13. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $575
    We've got UNC and the winner of UCLA-UK in our region and you're talking about tough matchups in the Final Four? Lolololol. Our region didn't blow up. Chalk City. That's a killer path to Phoenix

joliebeth23 likes this.
  14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    You got to play them. In 2010 we went through the gauntlet. We can do it again.

ButlerHomer and LA-OC-IE like this.
  15. Dawgs4Life

Dawgs4Life Active Member

Money:
    $133
    We also had a hall of fame caliber coach and two NBA players. But who knows, maybe we do again.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23 likes this.
  16. LA-OC-IE

LA-OC-IE Active Member

Money:
    $199
    Maybe maybe not on the HOF, yes on NBA players, but a bigger, better, more experienced and well balanced TEAM.
    Butler can beat you a myriad of ways. Kethan, Kelan, Kamar and Chrabs can get to the rack....Nate and Cat can get close looks too. TLew and Woodson knock down open j's. McD might give us a 3 or a steal when we really need one and Bads can do the same. All about matching up on the floor....matchups. Can you guard this guy? Can you score on this guy? Besides, what better way to win it all than taking down 3 consecutive blue bloods? Wishful thinking..probably. Positive thinking...certainly.

pappyball and joliebeth23 like this.
  17. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $297
    Wasn't Murray State the only lower seed we played beyond the first round? Wisconsin was a 4, Florida was a 2, Pitt was a 1, Syracuse was a 1, and Kansas State was a 2.

Honestly, Murray State played the best game out of any team we played in those runs, pre-Final Four.

pappyball likes this.
  18. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $388
    Old Dominion x 2, Bucknell and VCU

pappyball likes this.
  19. BU_Moxy

BU_Moxy Active Member

Money:
    $173
    And Matt Howard!

Dawgs4Life and pappyball like this.
  20. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,002
    Honestly... I've always maintained Butler got a very lucky draw. They missed Vandy's 7'0 center Bc they were upset by Murray State. Then they got 1 Cuse who was down Onuwaku. The two days later they get a KState team that less than 48 hours earlier had to go to 2OT to beat X. For as tough as every bracket is, Butler got some breaks.

Then in the FF they get a 5 Michigan State who was down Kalin Lucas, the top PG in the Big Ten. The first team at full strength they played was Duke.

pappyball likes this.