2017 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by 740OHIOBulldog, Apr 11, 2016.

1. 740OHIOBulldog

740OHIOBulldog Active Member

Money:
    $1,445
    Any update on Max Strus, I know he recently had a visit via Twitter. I know it probably has been discussed in the transfer candidate forum, but I didn't have the time to go through it all. Any updates?

2. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,990
    Silence is golden.

No reported offer.

Xavier fan claims to have inside info that it is down to X or us.

That pretty much sums it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,949
    A lot of times you don't see offers reported for transfers. They usually don't care about hyping up their recruitment the way high schoolers do. There just isn't enough time or any need for it.

4. xufan02

xufan02 Member

Money:
    $62
    Max visited DePaul as well. His mom went to school there and was an all-american volleyball player. If I had to guess he makes a decision by this time next week. I think he pops for the Bulldogs. I have no insider info, I just think he would make a bigger impact and would have a larger role at Butler.

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,636
    He could have even a bigger role at DePaul.

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,035
    DePaul could actually make a lot of sense for him. Hometown school, big conference, tons of playing time. Could keep his social circle at Lewis, family gets to watch all of his games.

But then again, it's DePaul.

7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,636
    Depends whether playing time or being on a winning program appeals more.

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463
    [tweet]721768955300458496[/tweet]

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463
    Starting OV to DePaul this evening per @prepbullseye

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,035
    Has he been connected to anywhere beyond X, BU, and DU? If no, we should probably get a decision this week I'd think.

As I said above, I don't think it's crazy to think he'd choose DePaul given the locale and playing time and the fact they're going to pitch that new arena to him big time (which is supposed to be open for the 17-18 season).

11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,636
    Agree. He may be ok with being a star on a losing team.

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Like alot of you I've watched all the videos available of Strus on the net. Such a huge gap between Lewis University and the Big East Conference. He has the size/body, but is he talented enough? Given he hasn't ever faced dudes like Josh Hart/Isaiah Whitehead/Trevon Bluiett before.

If we take him, at least he gets to sit for a year and play against Kelan and Kethan. He's going to get really prepared just that way.

I'd be very surprised if they add any more 2016 FR...so most likely they take 2 grad transfers and then one transfer that has to sit out.

13. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,779
    Crickets...

14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,035
    This seems pessimistic. Any good reason or just a hunch? There hasn't been news for anyone right? We have the need, are a bit closer to home than X, and aren't DePaul.

15. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $510
    Honestly thought he would've popped for X shortly after his depaul visit, but further away it gets the less likely it seems.

Shame as I think he can start day one for us assuming Blueitt leaves early

16. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    I know his family has ties to DePaul...but for God's sake. Why would you choose DePaul over Butler or Xavier?

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,636
    To be the focal point.

18. stevewittichs4thchin

stevewittichs4thchin New Member

Money:
    $5
    i see no reason to believe he even has a spot with butler. they hadn't offered him and there was nothing indicating they did later

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,035
    I know it wasn't reported, but Ive got a tough time believing that with our scholarship situation we'd have him for a player in for an OV who has offers from other BE programs and not offer.

20. 4636Cornelius

4636Cornelius Member

Money:
    $79
    Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 2m2 minutes ago

D2 transfer Max Strus has committed to DePaul, source told ESPN. Averaged 20.2 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 3.5 APG at Lewis. Visited Xavier, Butler.
    0 retweets 0 likes