2017 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by 740OHIOBulldog, Apr 11, 2016.

1. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $485
    Will we be in the market for a grad transfer at the PF position for next year? After glancing at the scholarship chart, it seems like we won't have much in the frontcourt next year beyond Brunk and Fowler.

2. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $206
    You would have to think Butler would be in the market for some kind of Big for next year. Especially since Brunk hasn't seen much of the floor.

Although LaVall and co haven't followed many bigs recently so who knows. It seems like they have been focusing on more wings and guards to fit their play style.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,452
    May be trying to go the way of Villanova with spreading the floor and shooting threes and ball movement. If so then neither Brunk or Fowler will be that important nor another Big unless they can move and shoot on the perimeter. That certainly is the trend in the NBA and some college teams.

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,876
    We have a 5 on the roster who plays half the minutes and a 4 star 5-man freshman who will likely play real minutes next year. We also have a fringe top-150 4/5 coming in in 2019.

We'll have 3 scholarship guards on the entire roster next year.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why people keep saying we should go get a big.

ButlerGoalie likes this.
  5. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,085
    Well, then maybe we should get another big...

BullDawg2789, dippper61 and DawgsMD like this.
  6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,876
    ?

7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,152
    I think I picked up on the sarcasm font here. ;)

8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,452
    Maybe because the two 5s we have aren't very productive offensively and one is not a very good rebounder and the freshman we have coming in is a freshman. Where I'm concerned most about next year is we lose our two best rebounders and our next two best rebounders are Baldwin and McD. Hinkle you must have great faith in Markeesee bringing it next year and JMM the following year. Apparently Tucker is a big,

peeps112 likes this.
  9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,349
    I think JB will see an increased role next season. I also believe BU will need to add another physical front line player via transfer.

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,876
    HA. my bad.

11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,876
    By freshman big man I was referring to Brunk.

12. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $485
    My main point was in terms of a starting lineup, we have a big question mark in Brunk in terms of how good he will be in his first season playing significant minutes, and Fowler has not exactly been good. Maybe he will have an Andrew Smith style senior season.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,452
    Got it. Brunk can be a rebounding machine but will he see more than three minutes a game?

bumba likes this.
  14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,876
    Over half of our center minutes are graduating this year. Yes.

Ignatius J. Reilly and UDDawg like this.
  15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,452
    Lord I hope you are right.

16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,349
    Fowler's play has improved as of late. I would expect that to continue into next season.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,452
    I agree his play has improved but he's a long way from being an effective five in the BE. I expect he will look OK tomorrow. Tuesday will see.

18. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,961
    I think the players that are a lock to play in the post next year are Fowler, Brunk, and Hastings.

The players who can and will see minutes at the 4 are Tucker, David, and McDermott.

Looking at that second group, especially in light of Tyler and Kelan leaving, and I think there’s pretty much no way they don’t seek out a grad or JUCO player to play the 4 next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $206
    This could be on the cold takes thread. Brunk and Hastings are "unkowns" so I don't know how you can say they're a lock to play next year even with our thin lineup.

peeps112 likes this.
  20. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,961
    I think they will play, but I see your point. My larger point, though, is that if they play it’s gonna be in the paint. It’s more positional than minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app