2018-19 Bracketology/Bubble Conversation

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Feb 17, 2019.

1. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $116
    Mrs Marshall isn't bad looking--that gives her a little bit of license!

willisbrown likes this.
  2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,048
    Imagine going back in time 13 months ago and telling IU fans they'd get Romeo (elation!). And then telling them he'd never play a postseason game and IU would not make the Tournament. No one would've believed you.

bumba and BUcheer like this.
  3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I thought their talent level was top 10 in the country early in the season. I think I overshot it a bit but not by a lot. Romeo was a bit flawed but no one did less with more this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,048
    It turned out Romeo was very good but not nearly the takeover player a lot of people there hoped/expected (he was a good freshman, but he was clearly not a game changer). It also turned out 4-star Damezi Anderson not only wasn't good, he was awful - arguably the very worst player on both ends of the floor for IU. Then you've got 4-star sophomore Justin Smith, who somehow went from bad to worse from his freshman to sophomore year. They've gotten 0 out of sophomore top-150 center Clifton Moore. De'Ron Davis was a fringe five star; as a junior this year, he played 13 uneventful minutes per game.

It's like there's a pattern.

Juwan Morgan's excellence kept IU from being a sub-100 team. He's gone. So is their second best player. I'm quite interested to see what it looks like down in Bloomington next season.

(FWIW, I just noticed that Juwan Morgan was 4-6 from 3 against Butler and 22-82 in all other games this season. Cool.)

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Would you risk injury by playing in the NIT if you thought you were a lottery pick ? Romeo looked bored on the bench.

bumba likes this.
  6. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $918
    Rothstein led a group of load-blowers who thought St.John's was the best team in the BE and a top 20 team in the country...I'd argue they had more proven pieces than IU, however, their HC serves as a severe net negative, so it all balances out.

bumba likes this.
  7. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    I also thought Morgan was the type of guy who would end up on an All American team. He had a very strong season, but not a sensational one.

8. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    They might have had more proven pieces but I think going in to the season id have taken both Morgan and Romeo over anyone on St. John’s and then IU also has as Hinkle noted like random borderline 5 stars tucked in corners. I guess St. John’s does to an extent too.

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
    No way. I wouldn't be surprised if Archie told him not to dress considering his mock draft projections.

10. znelson15

znelson15 Active Member

Money:
    $364
    I will say it on this thread but Carsen Edwards is having a Kemba Walker like tourney
    And I dig it
    He is great

11. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,237