2018-19 schedule (to date, not complete, not final, not official, etc.)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bu97, Jun 15, 2018.

1. bu97

bu97 Super Moderator

Money:
    $319
    Figured I'd start this thread. Please offer up any additions/corrections you may find.

I believe I recall reading there are 18 home games (presumably including 2 exhibition games) next season in the season ticket renewal letter, so I'm running with that assumption below. There were 13 non-conference regular season games last season, 4 of which were part of a "Qualifying Regular-Season Multiple-Team Event" (including the non-bracketed home game), which only counts as 1 game towards the scheduling maximum (27 games + 1 MTE). So whether or not one of the home games is another non-bracketed game could alter the total number of games on the schedule. For now I'll assume a non-bracketed home game of some sort, which would mean 13 non-conference games again. I think that makes all the math work.

Source for most of the data below: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uRiv3YDq67asL1C-SW0zxzZEKwi8Tkl6J2bHGK0hcZ4/edit (maintained by @TheD1Docket on twitter)

Non-conference
    Dates known:
    10/28 TIFFIN (exhibition)
    11/3 SOUTHERN INDIANA (exhibition)
    11/10 MIAMI OH
    11/12 DETROIT
    11/16 OLE MISS
    11/21 vs. Dayton @ Battle 4 Atlantis
    11/22 vs. Virginia/Middle Tennessee State @ Battle 4 Atlantis
    11/23 vs. Florida/Oklahoma/Wisconsin/Stanford @ Battle 4 Atlantis
    12/1 @ Saint Louis
    12/5 BROWN
    12/8 NORTHERN ILLINOIS
    12/15 vs. Indiana @ Crossroads Classic
    12/18 PRESBYTERIAN
    12/21 UC-IRVINE
    12/29 @ Florida

Conference
    Dates unknown:
    9 HOME games
    9 away games
    Rothstein tweeted that Big East games will kick off on 12/31 this season:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  2. bu97

bu97 Super Moderator

Money:
    $319
  3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,589
  4. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $382
    The Anteaters!! One of the coolest mascots in CBB.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  5. bu97

bu97 Super Moderator

Money:
    $319
  6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,052
    bu97 likes this.
  7. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,007
  8. Beefeater

Beefeater New Member

Money:
    $23
    Actually, the regular starting lineup had a normal sized backcourt. But, on senior night, they started a lineup with 6'8", 6'10", 6'10", 7'2", and "7'6" just for the fun of it.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  9. Beefeater

Beefeater New Member

Money:
    $23
    Hey thanks. I like your mascot, too.

I am planning a road trip to Indy for the game. I have never been to Hinkle Fieldhouse and this is someplace I have wanted to visit for years. I am also a fan of Butler, going back to 2002 when Butler was snubbed from the NCAAT. UCI had 25 wins in 2001 and was snubbed, so I commiserated with Butler. In the early 2000's, with the explosion of cable sports channels, I was able to see some Butler games on TV. Then, when livestreaming started to take off, I watched Butler games on the Horizon Network. I was a fan of Lickliter's later teams and I followed the development of Brad Stevens's teams. I would tell people to watch out for Butler in the next couple years with the young group of players (Howard, Hayward, Mack, and Nored) and a great coach. Then, Butler went to the championship twice in two years, which I still think is the greatest accomplishment I have seen in college basketball. So, I am really looking forward to this game.

10. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,244
    That's so awesome. Be sure to reach out when you're heading out for recommendations!

#60 likes this.
  11. Beefeater

Beefeater New Member

Money:
    $23
    I plan on it. I am bringing my elderly father along for the trip. Neither of us have ever been to Indy. We are driving up from Austin.

troggy and BHayden like this.
  12. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Active Member

Money:
    $221
    Butler at Florida will be played on December 29th.

13. bu97

bu97 Super Moderator

Money:
    $319
  14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,052
    That's not when I was expecting. I like that this game will come after the annual Christmas break tune-up games we always play after the Crossroads. Probably not ideal to head into BE play immediately coming off of such a tough road game though.

Also just realized there's some chance we'll play Florida twice this year.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,426
    The only reason I like it that late means 1) Their students won't be there and 2) Tucker will get another tournament level game before conference season starts to get acclimated

troggy, NateDog, Mad_Dawg 48 and 10 others like this.
  16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,052
    Great points. I now like it.

Mad_Dawg 48 and BoyGeoff like this.
  17. NCJon

NCJon Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,234
    I only like the Florida game after Christmas if the Big East cuts Butler a little slack and doesn't make em face two of Villanova/Xavier/Providence in the first three games, like they have the last few years.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  18. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $970
    Maybe 3 times :D

Tentozen likes this.
  19. bu97

bu97 Super Moderator

Money:
    $319
  20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,007
    Would have been Caraher until he transferred in-conference. Now the Bulldogs get him twice a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops