2018-19 Season

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by UDDawg, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $741
  2. Irishdawg

Money:
    $741
  3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,975
    The season can't start soon enough. So pumped to see KB, PJ, AT, McD and Tucker.

4. butlernut

butlernut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,746
  5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Active Member

Money:
    $250
  6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,327
    More at the beginning of the year than end. The only game I can recall was the Maryland game, but that was like the second game of the year, and his going back home game, so obviously was a little pumped up.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  7. Irishdawg

Money:
    $741
    Since his usage was so low last year, there were only 4 games last year in which he had more than 3 turnovers. If he takes more shots this year, that turnover rate will automatically go down, but it would be good for him to reduce his turnovers, as his assist rate was roughly the same as his turnover rate, whereas someone like Tyler Lewis in the 16-17 season was still a pass-first point guard, but his assist rate was more than double his turnover rate that year. AT doesn't need to be that good, but improvement will undoubtedly mean good things for him and Butler.

TheDawgDub95 and MSUDawg like this.
  8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,620
    The stats I see for AT is slightly better than 2 to 1 assist/turnover ratio. Not too shabby for a freshmen. He led the team in assists.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $9,975
    And if he doesn't turn the ball over as much his turnover rate will go down assuming his assists go up

10. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $899
    The first 6 games of the preseason have times posted now on Butlersports.com

11. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $899
    Actually they are all there now except for St Louis and the Florida game

12. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $181
    Pretty sure his turnover rate will go down if he doesn't turn the ball over as much even if his assists stay the same. Also, his PPG will go up if he scores more points per game. ;)

dawgs2014, DawgFan, UDDawg and 2 others like this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $9,975
    And win or lose his efficiency will improve irregardless of his usage rate

14. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Member

Money:
    $111
  15. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $768
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

16. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,394
    Good news: Creighton won’t have $1 beer night vs us. Bad news: we still play them on a Friday night when the students will still be well hydrated

17. LA-OC-IE

LA-OC-IE Active Member

Money:
    $155
    Aloha and sorry if this has been posted already....Kauai seems to cut the cord

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24607673/best-worst-case-scenario-top-25-team

Medcalf's rankings seem fair...Especially if one or more of a Fowler/Brunk/David/ Baddley take a step forward, #s 12-23 evoke little fear, obvious ACC SEC ESPN man crush for ratings....although I do think Cuse will be tough... Interesting no mention of JTucker? Undoubtedly shoulders some scoring. How many days until those Dragons from Tiffin roll into Indy?

#14 Kauai Ocean Course.JPG

18. Irishdawg

Money:
    $741
    My projections for the starting 5:

Pre-Tucker
    1. AT
    2. KB
    3. PJ
    4. McDermott
    5. Fowler

First off the bench:
    1. Baddley
    2. David
    3. Brunk

Tucker-eligible
    1. AT
    2. KB
    3. Tucker
    4. McDermott
    5. Fowler

First off bench:
    1. PJ
    2. Baddley
    3. Brunk
    4. David

I don't know if Golden or Hastings redshirt, but it'll be interesting to see where they and JGB get minutes this year. This team is deep on the wings, but my concern is how much scoring talent is on this team once you get past Baldwin and Tucker, as well as whether or not they'll be able to rebound from the forward positions to be able to get out and run like Coach Jordan wants to.

#60 and estar20dawg like this.
  19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,327
    I'm really interested in seeing David's jump from last year to this year. He's healthy now, no brace, he could be the sneaky piece we've been missing. I'd love to have Tucker and David at 6'7 on the wings together.

20. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,620
    I think a lot will depend on the intangibles JT can bring to the table beyond his shooting ability and whether CD has regained his confidence. I would expect both will share court time together.

estar20dawg likes this.