2018-19 Season

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by UDDawg, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,459
    Anyone know when the 2019 Kenpom preseason projections get posted? Has to be pretty soon.

Edit: Looks like they came out October 23rd last year.

2. Crash

Crash Active Member

Money:
    $173
    I would have thought #1 would be THUNDERDUNKS!

3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $832
  4. Irishdawg

Money:
    $832
    Ken Pomeroy said on the 3 man weave podcast that he was planning on releasing them the last full weekend of October.

5. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,409
    Daivid Woods sending a message to Michigan by being the only college basketball reporter to mispronounce Beilein consistently. Noice

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    estar20dawg likes this.
  6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,340
    That made me laugh so hard too!

7. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,895
  8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,014
    Nice to see Khalif's brother in the top 10. Too bad these POY awards rarely include defensive performance and are mostly one dimensional otherwise Baldwin would be more highly regarded.

9. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,996
    BHayden likes this.
  10. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,298
    Yup, I agree. Think CD is the real key to success for this team. Think his ceiling is much higher than Baddley's.

You get really solid contribution from CD, you have 8 really solid contributors. You have 8 sold contributors, you set your expectations high.

Grandpa Bulldog likes this.
  11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,645
    I concur as well, plus BU could have as many as 10 solid contributors by the time it all gets settled. Lots of variables and options to turn to.

12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,014
    Our success or lack of will run through the paint. We have the shooters. Do we have the rebounders and defenders underneath?

BHayden and BoyGeoff like this.
  13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,645
    If BU is to have any extended success I would believe this to be true. Post defense and defensive rebounding has long been a question mark for BU. As is with the case for most BU teams, it will take a collective group effort. While I doubt they disappoint, it still remains to be seen.

14. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,141
    Will be interested to see if this year we do more to protect the paint from the start. Through Stevens and Holtmann and the first year of LaVall we pretty much have played straight up man as our defense of choice. Which is fine, considering the success. Still, we rarely double team post-ups and we aren't real aggressive on weakside drifts into the paint for protection and clogging the middle, if only by presence alone. We were a whole lot more aggressive on D in the tournament last year with "help" coming not only in the paint but even on the perimeter. Hope that translates to a season long approach this year. As far a rebounding from the front line, McD certainly not afraid to stick his nose in. Fowler does have decent hands and can secure rebounds and kick them out as long as the ball comes to him. Brunk losing weight, does that make him more mobile? Still, probably safe to say that rebounding is going to have to be a team effort, and sending at least three to the defensive board might not be a bad idea. If Jordan intends to run and play up tempo again, first thing they need to do is rebound misses. Agree with you guys, scoring will not be a problem on most nights. Biggest question mark is defending the paint and rebounding, like it has been in recent years.....so what's new?

15. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,531
    Can’t speak to Christian’s progress over the summer but I know coach has liked Henry’s—has really bought in and is advancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden likes this.
  16. Irishdawg

Money:
    $832
    That's awesome - I always feel like Baddley gets overlooked in these discussions (I'm just as guilty as anyone). If he can continue to be a consistent defender and improve his handles a bit to go along with his jumper from last year, I think he could really make some nice contributions this year.

17. Red1972

Red1972 Active Member

Money:
    $475
    I attended practice Wednesday night, as of now the defense is ahead of the offense, but as LaVall said it is still early. The team is quicker and stronger this year both offensively and
    defensively, which is good. Coach Jordan mentioned how hard they are working and their effort in practice.

BHayden and bumba like this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,727
    That sounds like a grind it out BE kind of team, which I'm good with. I think the offense will depend on Tucker's impact and how we move the ball when Kamar gets doubled.

19. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Active Member

Money:
    $260
    Guys are going to have to be able to drive this year. The offense had no screening away from the ball. They are going to have to be able to finish and pass off of the drive to create shots and movement off of ball screens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $771
    It’s a very infrequent occurrence that the key for any team is their 8th best player.

Also, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see baddley in double figures scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

FriarDawg likes this.