2018-19 Season

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by UDDawg, Mar 26, 2018.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,145
    So, since you are only here to troll and bash players you don't like (Nate), will you be deactivating your account at the end of the season?

Asking for all intelligent people on this board.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

bwesson15 and estar20dawg like this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,924
    I hate to say it, but I don’t think this Butler team makes the NIT.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team at this point in the season still have a shot at the NCAA bubble AND might likely miss the NIT. Fascinating year.

willisbrown, IndyDawgs and cornette33 like this.
  3. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,035
    Lets face it Butler is bad and getting worse!

jkcdawgs likes this.
  4. IndyDawgs

IndyDawgs Active Member

Money:
    $429
    I’m yet to see a 2nd half adjustment from Butler’s coaching staff that resulted in better play.

Yes, the talent is sparse but the coaching staff has zero clue what to do with the limited talent they have.

I think that’s what concerns me most. Even if the dismal recruiting picks up I see no indication that this coaching staff is able to develop it and put players in position to succeed.

dippper61, tedfrye, Tentozen and 2 others like this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    The staff is getting worse as we see with the play on the court. The sideline manhandling is as bad as the on the court puke fest.

Hank Kimball and dippper61 like this.
  6. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $822
    I just randomly went on YouTube to look for highlights from Markeese Hastings. He actually has a weight room workout 10 min video. Looks like with another summer he should be ready throw his weight around.

7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,343
    We just don't have the talent, yes we are deep with interchangeable players like McD-Tucker-CD-PJ-Baddley at the three and four but each is really at best reserve players on most high major teams. AT is not a top PG which is required now. Our two bigs are reserves at virtually every BE school. That leaves us with KB who is the only true BE starting talent. I don't know what you do with the sow's ear.

Sidd Finch, GoodDawgs and cornette33 like this.
  8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,115
    Agree, we could probably all name schools from each region of the country.

9. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $822
    We realistically should be 8-8 in conference and 17-11 overall if we didn't blow a couple GM's. Conversation would be a little bit different.

pjohnsto2003 and DawgFan like this.
  10. dawgy style

dawgy style Member

Money:
    $52
  11. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,135
    I think they need 2 more wins including BE tourney for an NIT invite although I guess it’s still possible if they just win 1 of the final 2 regular season games.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

12. dawgy style

dawgy style Member

Money:
    $52
    Let’s start a go fund me to pay boltman see if we can bring him back. On a positive note we will never have to worry about our current coach leaving

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,312
    There were plenty of warnings signs early on that this team was fragile. It is a fine line that separates this team from winning as we have seen. It is not a dumpster fire, although at times it has appeared so. I would think the coaching staff and each player have to do a ton of soul searching in the off season. What could have been a promising season has completely unraveled. This team needs to retool and rededicate themselves. Hopefully our expectations will be a little more tempered next year.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  14. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,035
    The media will pick Butler to finish 10th in the conference for the 2019=2020. That should temper our expectations.

dawgy style and cornette33 like this.
  15. HinkleHistory94

HinkleHistory94 New Member

Money:
    $49
    Anyone that thinks JMM will have an impact on next years team is either mentally ill or is smoking large quantities of peyote.

I went over and watched the Carmel sectional championship last night. To all you stat nerds on this board remember statistics are like a bikini. They reveal a lot, but they don't show everything. JMM's line in the box score will look good, but seeing him live in person again he is very awkward. He doesn't jump well. He's thin and isn't strong enough to compete in the WCC right now, let alone the BE. However, he does have good height, huge hands, and a nice touch from the outside. I think the Irish Stallion could develop into a nice 4 year player with the right coaching staff to develop him. He seems like a very well mannered kid and should be a great addition to the Butler family.

Personally, I don't think either freshmen will make much of an impact on next year's team. Maybe I'm wrong and Battle will contribute, but I think the staff should definitely redshirt JMM. The sophomores and juniors on this year's team better really dedicate themselves to improving their games during the offseason or else the 2019-2020 squad is looking at another subpar regular season and under .500 conference record. LaVall was never a proven head coaching candidate. I think if his team doesn't make the tournament next year Butler should seriously consider firing him and pursue Nate Oats at Buffalo. Anyone who disagrees with me please read this month's article in SI on Oats and tell me why the athletic department shouldn't make a play for him. As always Bulldogs ever do or die. I love my alma mater. Go Dawgs!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    dawgy style and cornette33 like this.
  16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,312
    I don't recall anyone stating JMM would be difference maker next season. I think the consensus believe he will indeed be red-shirted. One thing should give JMM an opportunity to progress more rapidly than others is that Carmel nearly plays exclusively a man to man defense.

Tentozen and estar20dawg like this.
  17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    So he's another goofy white stiff in the middle. Got it.

18. dawgy style

dawgy style Member

Money:
    $52
    Hopefully he’s not as goofy as fowler is. I can’t watch that anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

jkcdawgs likes this.
  19. Xer4ever

Xer4ever New Member

Money:
    $17
    So this year, I suspect the fan bases of all Big East schools, except Marquette, have felt very similar to most of the BH posters. I think most of us feel your pain. Each school, again except Marquette, has some very ugly warts and hence only Marquette listed among top 25. Butler is just so reliant on 3’s which doesn’t always travel well. Right now you can see no one shooting with confidence. I’m just hoping that lasts for 1 more game! But I know it will come back.
    Regarding Coach Jordan, he’s clearly in over his head at this point, and honestly I’m not sure how many BE fan bases would be patient enough to find out if he has the right stuff. However, I really believe the Butler Way will prevail.

20. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $592
    If Butler gets another Fowler I will quit watching Butler basketball. Only half kidding.

dawgy style likes this.