2018 Indy EYBL

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,352
    Im in Westfield watching the Nike EYBL the next two days. I’ll put most of my thoughts here and organize them into player threads as appropriate later.

bu04 likes this.
  2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    I was told yesterday Butler watched Team Takeover vs BABC, Woodz Elite vs Abany City, Ohio Red vs Meanstreets, and The Family vs Indy Heat. Meyer, Jordan, and Kampen were all here, so they probably saw some others as well.

3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,276
    Remember to keep an eye open for sleeze-balls with gym bags full of cash...:cool:

4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Watching Boo Williams vs CP3 to start. I walked around but haven’t come across the coaches yet. Aundre Hyatt of Boo Williams has been connected with Butler. He knocked down his only 2 shots in the first half, both 3s, but otherwise I am a little underwhelmed with how he has played.

Antavion Collum is a 6’7” wing from Memphis who is ranked 167 on 247 sports. His shot was off in the 1st but I really like his game. He is someone I’d like to see targeted based off a way too small sample size.

Wendell Moore and Cameron Thomas look amazing but I doubt either would be realistic for Butler.

Brian Mack is an unranked post that looked intriguing but is probably too undersized for the Big East. Kind of looked like a more skilled version of Tyler Wideman. Might even be shorter than Wideman though.

CP3 has a couple of Langley point guards that I assume are twins. I keep getting them mixed up but I love the way they play. They are really getting it after it on defense, are moving the ball well, and have knocked down 3s. Looks like they are ranked low 200s.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Meyer is watching Bluff City and Renaissance. Just moved over to that game. Unsure of the target.

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Coach Meyer is watching Meanstreets and The Family. I’m watching Indy Heat and Mac Irvin Fire but will move to the other game at half probably. Mulloy plays for Indy Heat.

7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,851
    Hearing there’s a contingent of IU players there, Jared. Any BU guys? Not saying it’s good or bad as I don’t know if the recruits notice them or not. And assume they are under the same rules as the coaches re: contact?

8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    I have not seen anyone. Doesn’t mean they aren’t here of course. And yes, they can’t contact the players

9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Meanstreets doing nothing here in the 2nd half since I’ve come over. Franklin/Newman haven’t shown much at all. Both have missed easy layups. Mark Watts and Isaiah Jackson of the Family have been impressive. Jackson is a Kam Woods type body who is cleaning up around the glass. Watts is a guard who has gotten to rim and had multiple fancy finishes against the trees. Neither likely relevant to Butler unfortunately.

10. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Instantly a fan of Al-Amir Dawes. 192nd ranked player nationally from New Jersey. Seton Hall appears to be the team to beat. Looks more like a top 50 player to me. He is getting to the lane with absolute ease and both finishing through contact and dishing off for easy baskets.

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Nick Jordan having a very good game for Playaz. He’s finished a ton of plays started by Dawes and as well as off of offensive rebounds. Rebounder and above the rim finisher.

On the Rotary side RaeQuan Battle, Marcus Tshohonis, and Paolo Banchero stand out to be. Looks like Banchero is 2021, which makes him particularly impressive.

I’m still gawking over Dawes though...

BHayden likes this.
  12. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $707
    Any other BU coaches spotted besides Meyer? You think Lavall will make it over there?

knobcreekfan likes this.
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843
  18. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Back for the evening session. Starting off with JMM and Indy Heat. He’s had a bigger impact in the first 3 minutes than he did all of last game. Snagged 2 difficult boards (1 offensive) and drew a foul nearly getting another. 2 points on a transition dunk.

Tre Mann of E1T1 looks like a nice little PG. top 50 player out of Florida. Showing fancy handles and a great pull-up jumper.

19. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    BHayden likes this.
  20. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    I haven’t seen anyone else. Jordan and Kampen were here yesterday. There is also the younger groups at a different location and the UA circuit is in town as well.