2018 Indy EYBL

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,352
    At some point during the last set of games Coach Meyer left Spiece to watch CIA Bounce and BABC. Not sure if it’s coincidence or not but he’s seen BABC twice this weekend now.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Coach Jordan is also here for the evening session. I’m not sure who he watched last set but I just saw him walk by.

cornette33 likes this.
  3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Meyer is watching Team Takeover again. This time against Bradley Beal Elite. Anthony Harris with 9 points in the first 5 minutes. Top 100 point guard.

I walked around but don’t see Jordan anywhere. I’ve been able to find Meyer but Coach Jordan seems to elude me today.

BHayden likes this.
  4. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $709
    Random question. Does the staff acknowledge you?

5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,857

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,857

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,857

Double OT Jared? Sounds like a great game.

8. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,139
    Sydney Curry from Ft. Wayne?

9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Correct.

My battery died in the OT last game last night. Franklin had a much better game overall than I saw earlier in the day, although nothing spectacular. I wouldn’t call him a high intensity defender, but he made several defensive plays both on and away from the ball. He’s pretty active away from the ball. He didn’t apply a lot of ball pressure but he picked his moments and straight took it from a ball handler up top twice leading to breakaway opportunities. Hopefully him not blowing anyone away this weekend will help keep more big fish from stepping in to get involved with him.

BHayden, estar20dawg and BUcheer like this.
  10. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    I’m back again this morning for 3 more sets of games. Starting with Drive Nation and Boo Williams. Coaching spots were thin prior to tip, and I walked around but didn’t come across any Butler coaches anywhere yet. I’ll check again at half.

Cade Cunningham is putting on a show. He’s playing up a year. Out of Butler’s league. Hyatt had a nice drive to the rim early but otherwise didn’t do much in the first half. I haven’t seen anything in my 2 halves that makes me interested, but he did have 15 points on 5-11 shooting last night that I didn’t see. I have no idea if Butler even has serious interest there, but it’s someone they’ve at least contacted.

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Moving around a little bit since I don’t have a specific player I want to watch right now I’ve found Brad Beal Elite vs Rotary. There are a lot of players I really like here. Jaden McDaniels is a Top 100 stretch 4 who I’m a huge fan of. He’s from Washington and has Texas and Arizona offers so probably not Simone Butler would pursue, even though he would be a tremendous fit.

I still really like RaeQuan Battle. He’s a long scoring wing who his dropping buckets from everywhere. A quick google search doesn’t give me a profile, which surprises me based on how he is playing. Either I’m missing it (very possible) or he is an under the radar guy (for now).

Marcus Tsohonis is a big PG that I’ve mentioned before. His ranking should jump significantly after this weekend. He’s going up against top 50 guard Moses Moody (who looks more than deserving of that ranking right now) and is holding his own.

Francis Okoro is scoring well in this one. He’s from Illinois but looks like he is nearing a decision and might reclassify to 2018. Maybe Purdue. He’s a rim runner. His shot looks kind of ugly. High energy player who will do some dirty work though.

None of this is likely related to Butler, but I’m just posting most of my thoughts. The guys Butler is targeting now might not be the same they target in July. Maybe some of these names will circle back around.

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    I moved over to watch NY Rens again starting in a few minutes. They are playing BABC. Coach Meyer is here.

13. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Kofi Cockburn for NY Rens is a monster sized human being who is looking good early. He passes well out of the post and is shuffling his feet well on defense.

Darion Jordan Thomas looks interesting for BABC as an under the radar guy. He’s an athletic forward who just knocked down a jump shot. Looks like he had 16 and 10 yesterday against CIA bounce.

Brycen Goodline, a Syracuse commit is another I like. Very composed and under control.

Morton has been quiet on offense in the 1st half. He missed his only shot attempt (3 pointer) but got the rebound and dished it for a layup. He is very active defensively and has picked up 2 steals. He’s a guy that brings energy.

14. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Mitch Doherty for BABC is playing tremendous. He doesn’t pass the initial eye test, but he’s matched up against top 50 center Kofi Cockburn (see above) and is taking it to him. He has 9 points and 4 assists in the first half. He has an Andrew Chrabascz style game, although he’s not near as crafty. He’s unranked with a UMass offer.

Darion Jordan Thomas just shot the gap for a steal and finished for an And 1 in transition on the other end. He has tracked down a few offensive boards now too. Looks like he is trying to post up a lot, so he might be an undersized 4. Although that’s a pretty typical 4 anymore.

15. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Meyer left at halftime to come watch CIA Bounce and UPlay. Kampen is down there to. I’ll play stalker and follow him down to that court.

cornette33 likes this.
  16. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Emmanuel Miller of UPlay just had an impressive sequence. He threw down a Thunderdunk in transition and then denied penetration twice on the ball that led to his man throwing a wild pass for a turnover. He’s ranked 166th and goes to La Lumiere, so maybe he’s the target?

17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Meyer actually didn’t stay, him and Kampen both left shortly after I moved over there. Meyer went back to Rens and BABC. No idea where Kampen went. I haven’t seen Jordan yet today. He isn’t in the coaches section half the time and moves around talking to people so he’s harder to spot.

18. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    1 more game to go this weekend. So what is everyone’s opinion on how I did this? A lot of sites will post live thoughts on Twitter and then write up a more formal article recapping at the end. I’ve done that approach before as well. I kind of just like this running thread better though. Feel free to give feedback on what you want to read.

The EYBL denied my media credentials this year (I think maybe they were full???) so I couldn’t do any recruit interviews. Next week at Fort Wayne I’ll be able to do that. I obviously won’t be able to track coaches around there though. Hopefully the funds will be there for me to do that for a weekend or two again during the live periods in July.

#60 and BHayden like this.
  19. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,854
    First of all, Jared, thanks for the the coverage. And bummer that you can’t interview the recruits. Is there any chance you follow up with select targets next week?

As to your question about how to go about reporting, I like the info on this thread, but would like to see more real time tweets on targets and games the BU coaches are watching. In part, I like seeing if recruits like or retweet your tweets. Appreciate what you do on a shoestring budget. Also it’s getting annoying seeing the IndyStar salivate/speculate about IU’s targets with zero mention about who BU, PU, ND is watching. Sheesh.

joliebeth23, #60 and bumba like this.
  20. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,282
    I'll second BUcheer's appreciation for your efforts.