2018 Indy EYBL

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,353
    UPlay coach told me Butler has not been in contact with him regarding anyone on their team. That doesn’t mean they won’t be after seeing them, but as of now they haven’t been recruiting anyone there.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,444
    Perhaps this will quiet some of the doubters for a spell. A tandem of JMM and Franklin would be quite a catch for BU. Add Gillis into the picture and it should be considered a top tier recruiting class.

3. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,034
    Thanks for all of the info Jared! It’s been nice keeping up with the scouting reports this weekend.

It’ll be interesting to see if the staff starts reaching out to some new targets.

4. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,057
    Thank you for the updates. Much appreciated.

5. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,344
    Running thread >>>>>>>>>>> twitter

(Most AAU Tournaments are like airports in 2005. If you find a power outlet to charge your phone/computer, it’s like you won the lottery. (Gotta bring a power brick))

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,353
    I’ll be completely honest, a big reason I posted here instead of Twitter is to try and increase the value of the visiting the board. Probably the biggest thing I hear about why people don’t use the message board is that there isn’t very much unique content here. If you know your way around Twitter you can find most of it there as it all gets promoted on Twitter. I’m going to try and make a push to change that.

7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,296
    I get driving traffic to the board—makes sense. As I said, I think it’s beneficial to have the BU program promoted as much as we can especially if you are at a tournament site. Tired of seeing the Star ignore our coach’s presence while following IU around like puppy dogs. And would like recruits to see that we have a fan base paying attention as well through your tweets.

Appreciate all you do.

joliebeth23 and Irishdawg like this.
  8. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Active Member

Money:
    $219
    Thank you for the coverage - didn’t get to follow along during the event, so I’m catching up on Sunday afternoon. Good read.

9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,353
    Duke reached out to Hyatt after watching him this weekend, and they are certainly much smarter than I am, so there is that.

10. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,005
    #60, Irishdawg and seadawg like this.
  11. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $235
    LaVall was also watching Mark Watts last week in Dallas per this Corey Evans article

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/live-period-dallas-friday-who-the-coaches-were-watching

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,353
  13. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,232
    I loved this thread. Excellent way to do it. Thanks, Jared.

shoeevv likes this.
  14. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,453
    Thanks for the insights and a great way to cover lots of talent at once!

15. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,724
    I like the running thread as well. Twitter tends to get scattershot depending on your timeline and right now, mine is packed with Predators stuff, so I like having everything over here.

And it's good for the site/brand. As someone else mentioned, it might be good to include an occasional tweet with a link to the board thread to catch all.

shoeevv and seadawg like this.