2018 Peach Jam

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Jared Grubbs, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,352
    Jonathan Jackson has 2 crystal ball kicks for UNC. I expected more out of him. He hasn’t looked bad necessarily, he just hasn’t stood out in terms of production. He looks like a player but hasn’t done much.

7/13 Edit: Jonathan Jackson does not play for Nightrydas. I have no idea who it was I was watching above when I made that comment. No wonder I wasn’t impressed. The real Jonathan Jackson plays for Mokan Elite and absolutely looks like a UNC player.

#11 for Nightrydas Elite looks intriguing. He’s an athletic shooter. I don’t know who he is yet though.

7/14 Edit: #11 is Antwan Burnett, and he continues to impress later on. There’s more on him later.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Meanstreets are going to pull out the win. I have to say, AAU parents normally annoy me, but this Meanstreets group has been hilarious today.

3. chc3

chc3 Active Member

Money:
    $112
    Thank you for your insightful posts.

bumba, MSUDawg and #60 like this.
  4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    I still really like the Playaz PG. Al-Amir Dawes. He tries to do too much at times but, there’s no way he’s a sub 200 player like 247 says. They have Seton Hall listed as the only school that is warm. That could be a huge steal for them

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Zachary Freemantle is a nice little Power Forward playing with Battle. He’s running the pick and roll well and has shown some effective back to the basket moves in the post. Playaz are up 15 midway through the 2nd half.

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    I’m watching E1T1 vs Bluff City right now. No Butler targets I’m aware of, but none I know of are playing atm. Marsei Caston is a nice little guard that is unranked on 247 but seems to me that he absolutely should be. He’s making all sorts of plays.

Tre’Shaun Mann had himself a half. He crossed a guy over and stepped back for a pretty 3 pointer, hit a few more deep 3s, and had a runner over Wiseman. Top 50 player in the class.

I’ve been kind of disappointed with Wiseman to be honest. He’s great, and with his height, athleticism, and skill he’s a future NBA player no doubt about it, but my expectations were a little higher for the #1 player in the class. He gets bullied around in the paint right now.

7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Left at halftime. I found Meyer and Kampen watching 15U Georgia Stars vs Houston Hoops. No idea who is interesting here yet

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843
    That sounds like quintessential AAU doesn't it? Great to hear he's as athletic in person as the online videos appear.

tlp63 likes this.
  9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    I’m kind of bouncing around right now. I remain impressed with Caleb Love. Luke Kasubke also plays for Brad Beal Elite. He has a couple of Big East offers. I have yet to see much from him. He’s got good length for a shooting guard and is bouncier than I expected. Seems more Andrew Smeathers type to me. Based on his offer list I’m sure I haven’t seen an very representative sample size though.

Artest is having a terrible game here for Vegas. I haven’t been here the entire time, but in the action I’ve seen he is 0-5 with a pair of turnovers. His game looks smooth, so it’s probably just an off day for him. Make it 0-6 now.

Beon Riley I really like though. He’s the strongest perimeter player in the court and plays with a ton of energy. He might actually be he strongest player out there period, as the bigs in this one are on the leaner side. He’s been in foul trouble though, and I still haven’t seen him attempt an outside shot.

10. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    It’s hard to post much, there’s not great cell service.

Oakland Soliders and Bradley Beal Elite just finished a 5 OT game. Love had baskets twice to send it to OT. He did shoot 4-8 from the line in OT though.

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Ok, so i think I got bad info when someone told me who Jonathan Jackson was earlier and I said I wasn’t impressed. I think he is actually #22 for Mokan Elite and I absolutely see why people think he’s going to UNC. He’s long and athletic and is doing a superb job of using screens to get open and then burying shots out of it. He is very, very good.

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    I think the big man for Mokan that is having a great game is Mike Peake. He is an athletic power forward that has a couple big time dunks and blocks. He’s listed as 6’7”, I would have guessed he was bigger. It’s probably just because Meanstreets is so small. I don’t see any offers but that can’t last long. He’s a high major athlete.

13. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Beard finished with 18 points and Steward has 21 in an intense win over a good Mokan team.

14. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Watching Phenom vs Melo 16U now. Missed most of the first half because the other court is behind thanks to that 5 OT game.

Jalen Johnson is a clear 5 Star. He should be playing up 17U in my opinion. He’s unstoppable here.

Butler has contacted Reece Beekman, Desmond Polk, and Isaac Lindsey since June. This is my first look at them. Beekman is the only one in right now, and he just picked up 2 steals. Could have had 2 assists but open the jumpers were missed.

15. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Desmond Polk with an incredible sequence. He picked up full court defense and poked the ball away, saved it to a teammate for a 3 point look, and then went in and skied for a tip dunk off the miss.

16. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Daeshun Ruffin is having a great game for MEBO. He’s tiny but has produced. Looks like 247 has him listed as 5’9” and that’s probably about right. He’s super crafty though.

17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Isaac Lindsey is 0-4 from 3 since I got here. I haven’t seen anything out of him. The way he seeks out that 3 point line I assume he’s a sniper. Just hasn’t gone down today.

18. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    5’9” Ruffin just threw one down in transition. That might be the loudest I’ve heard the gym this weekend.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  19. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,352
    Kampen is watching Alabama Fusion vs Team Takeover 16U. I saw none of that game but happened to see him in there.

20. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,851
    So what does it take to get credentialed? Seems like you should be considered legit.