2018 Recruiting Class Discussion

Discussion in '2018 Recruiting Profiles' started by THicksBH, May 2, 2017.

1. BHayden

BHayden Member

Money:
    $97
    Judging by the fact that Emerson Kampen recently followed both of Eric Hunter's parents on Twitter and the latest follow for Eric hunter is LaVall tells me he is strongly strongly considering Butler and is building a good relationship with the new staff, and I get a weird feeling we are the favorite. I think we get him, Jaxson Hayes, and the last spot is up in the air to me.

Best case to me: Hunter, Hayes, Kopp- fits all of our needs with a high potential guy in Hayes who has a couple years to develop and a great scorer in Miller Kopp to come in and replace Kelan. Obviously Eric Hunter would be prime to run the show with Aaron Thompson.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

mwall787 likes this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $876
    Tyson would be stretch at BU with UM seeming to have a foot in the door already. Kopp would certainly be great addition as far as filling a need where as Henry may be more of a defensive presence. The dimensions Hunter would bring is speed and quickness and I also feel he is polished enough to contribute immediately. Hayes may take a little time to develop but could end up being a force.

3. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Active Member

Money:
    $125
    Scout updated their Top 100 today...two big things of note:

-Miller Kopp jumped up 113 spots to 75
    -Keshawn Embery jumped up 121 spots to 101

4. mass_dawgs

mass_dawgs New Member

Money:
    $17
  5. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Active Member

Money:
    $125
    I am starting to think I want Emberly as part of my "ideal class". I think he's going to be a very good college player. However, I just don't know who he'd replace in an "ideal scenario". Would he replace Hunter or Kopp? I like both of those guys too. Ideally I like those three more than Hayes but an athletic 4 is definitely a need.

mass_dawgs likes this.
  6. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Active Member

Money:
    $1,025
    I mean he would have to replace Hunter. I wouldn't take more than 1 guard in this class. Either is great, Embery might have a better college career but I would love to see Butler to get a high rated hometown kid instead.

mass_dawgs likes this.
  7. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse New Member

Money:
    $25
    I feel like we will get one of Hunter/Embery.. Hayes and Kopp are a toss up. Aaron Henry seems to be more interested in the basketball "blue bloods" (Indiana, Michigan State, Louisville)

8. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse New Member

Money:
    $25
    If hypothetically, both Embery and Hunter want to come to Butler, I wonder if Vall would take both even if 1 guard is the preferred route. It would be awfully hard to pass up on one of these talented guards

9. peeps112

peeps112 Active Member

Money:
    $232
    If we get 2 of Hunter, Hayes, Henry, Embery, and Kopp, that would be a huge success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Active Member

Money:
    $1,025
    I mean... 2018-2019

1- PJ, AT, Embery
    2- Kamar, Hunter

Wild Cards: Jerald Butler, CD, Neese

11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $876
    Kopp would be comparable to Martin where I see Henry being similar to Rylan Hainje. Either would be a nice asset.

12. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Member

Money:
    $137
    Embery's ranking isn't 101, it is just how their ranking system assigned him. Scout only ranks to 100.