2018 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by bumba, Mar 1, 2018.

1. HinkleMagic

HinkleMagic Member

Money:
    $80
    Would love to see us get an impact grad transfer who can play immediately without typing up a future scholarship.

2. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,513
  3. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,115
    Are we not involved here anymore?

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,747
    We were a finalist of his.

EDIT: Meh, my memory was a little fuzzy. We were in his final 7. I thought we'd made a tighter cut than that.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    cornette33, mwall787 and SpartanDawgs like this.
  5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,722
    Not surprising. I thought he made a mistake then.

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,986
    I loved Batts in 2016 when we were recruiting him pretty hard. He didn't have a very good freshman year, but then he was a freshman. He didn't play much the last couple of months of the season.

He was originally down to Clemson and VCU, and was committed to VCU until Will Wade left last spring. Clemson might be out given the conference affiliation, and who knows if he has any interest in VCU with the staff he committed to being gone. Maybe he'll end up back with Wade/LSU? Wouldn't be surprised if Ohio State got involved, though they already have CJ Walker coming and I don't know their scholarship situation.

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,277
    Yeah. I immediately thought of Ohio State & CJ Walker too.

8. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,513
  9. darnellarchey4three

darnellarchey4three Member

Money:
    $43
  10. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,511
  11. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,513
  12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,722
    What's good with only having one slot open the coaches can focus on team and individual development this summer and fall versus recruiting and filling out a roster with transfers.

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,960
    Virginia is making a push for Stull along with NC State. He may be BU's only option other than keeping that slot open?

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,008
    Who is he honestly going to take minutes from on the depth chart? Just my opinion, but if Lavall wanted him he would have been at BU for a visit by now.

Pocket the scholie and see who else decommits. We've had the A-10 all star transfer roster before. I'd rather wait for another Jordan Tucker to become available.

I Am Butler and Daddysmack like this.
  15. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $105

I agree so much with this.

Granted the only risk for us is that we won't have another scholies available.....but that is a big risk.

I can't even imagine he would want to be here because of the available minutes....would we even be attractive to him? Think he played like 36 minutes a game last year. Where do those come from? He isn't going to come here to play 12 to 18.

16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,722
    Virginia is always desperate for offense.

Daddysmack likes this.
  17. seadawg

Money:
    $5,960
    BU has been extremely fortunate in acquiring transfers that fit. Still my preference would be for a recruit that has been offered for 2019.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  18. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,513
    A grad transfer now and a 2019 recruit are not mutually exclusive

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,370
    It seems like most grad transfers are looking to play decent minutes on a tournament team. It's pretty early to predict, but a bid looks pretty likely based on the view through my rose colored glasses, but I can't really see where minutes are coming from except for maybe the 4, if LaVall goes with a more traditional lineup. If he leans more toward a 4 out 1 in, I don't think Butler is an attractive landing spot this year.

20. seadawg

Money:
    $5,960
    That is what I was referring to a few posts back. For it to be a "sit 1 and play" transfer, they would need to be special.