2018 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by bumba, Mar 1, 2018.

1. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $604
    Purdue is not screwing around...Austin Reeves from Wichita State visiting today.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. Red1972

Red1972 Active Member

Money:
    $464
    Purdue is losing a lot, still could lose Carson Edwards. four starters are a big loss.

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,553
  4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,553

5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,133
  6. NCJon

NCJon Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,155
  7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,527
    With Stull opting for "a chip off the slick Rick" my guess is BU's roster stands as is ???

8. shoeevv

shoeevv Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $405
    I think you’re right, but last Saturday I heard that may not be the case. No clue who it might be, though.

FRENCH DAWG and seadawg like this.
  9. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Active Member

Money:
    $72
    I am not saying this is the name, but would Saddiq Bey be considered "recruiting over" Bryce Golden? Or do you think they would target a guard?

10. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $182
    I'd like to see Butler reach out. His offers from Princeton and Northwestern tell me that he should be a fit for Butler academically as well.

My gut is that he lands at Xavier.

11. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $771
    I'm no expert, but seems to me we already have a lot of firepower at the Forward positions.

12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,800
    One thing LJ and staff have to be concerned with is team makeup and impact another player could have on overall morale. There isn't a necessity to completely fill the roster. We are deeper than we have ever been and that compliment of 12 scholarship players will be competing for 200 minutes a game as it is.

13. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $928
    But why should the expectation be that the roster wouldn’t be full? I would think players expect a full roster and know that they have to earn their minutes by outcompeting others.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

dippper61 likes this.
  14. Melvin Goldberg

Melvin Goldberg Member

Money:
    $46
    Jamal Johnson just committed to Auburn. I know his name was dropped some time ago.

15. Crash

Crash Member

Money:
    $149
    I appreciate this, but if a talented, strong student-athletes has interest in Butler, we have to make a go of it. You can never have enough wing players and ultimately, as our recruiting prowess elevates, we will need to be comfortable with players transferring out of Butler for playing time. I don't think it kills morale, as long as the coach is upfront and honest. If a Bey or someone else pushes David or Hastings to the bench, that is competition.

dippper61 likes this.
  16. NCJon

NCJon Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,155
    I'll be curious to see where he ends up. His primary recruiter at Xavier was Mike Pegues who went with Mack to Louisville. I'm sure that will have some effect on his decision even if he still ultimately goes to Xavier.

17. mwall787

Money:
    $604
    Gotta believe Syracuse, illinois, and Georgetown are all involved as well since they were in on Golden...probably Pitt as well since that’s where Golden was at.

18. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $928
    Not sure how relevant it is but...Emerson's most recent follow on twitter is Saddiq Bey. Also Aaron Thompson follows Bey (but it doesn't appear to be recent)

19. mwall787

Money:
    $604
    Florida St transfer Ikey Obiagu picked Seton Hall

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $272
    Looks like Coach Kampen recently followed Stone Gettings, a Grad transfer from Cornell who is a 6’8 PF. He averaged 16.7 PPG and 6.6 RPG. Should have a lot of potential suitors but would be a very nice addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

mwall787 and SpartanDawgs like this.