2018 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by bumba, Mar 1, 2018.

1. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $373

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,768
    Gettings would give Golden a year of experience playing 4 in the BE before we need him to be a leader. Makes sense, but the 3 gets crowded if he commits & takes noticeable minutes.

With the exception of Arizona, that list is fairly beatable if he wants to play in March Madness.

BHayden likes this.
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,424
    Normally I'd agree with you on the list but, Auburn, Vandy and USC will all be tourney teams I think next year to go along with Arizona

bumba and BHayden like this.
  4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,546
    Stone is a total stud. Total longshot given his list of suitors and the fact that he's from the west coast, but sign him up immediately if you can.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    BHayden likes this.
  5. bumba

Money:
    $4,768
    Those are mostly schools we should outrecruit in my opinion. Agree Vandy has a great class coming in, but if we can't recruit against Auburn & USC then we'll never be competitive against MSU, O$U and the locals.

6. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $182
    Gettings would eat up our last remaining 2019 scholarship. His plan is to redshirt this season and graduate in December. He'd be eligible in 2019.

7. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $690
    Isn’t Gettings graduating...thus making him an immediate eligible grad transfer? No sit out year.

Edit: unless something changed will graduate in December of this year. Not immediate eligible.

8. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,244
    As previously stated, he’s a stud if the staff is willing to do this, and clearly they are.

BHayden likes this.
  9. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,253
    Ok, somebody here help me out. What is the website that allows you to add transfers to a teams roster and calculate their projected ranking next season? It’s been linked here before and I’ve used it but I can’t seem to locate it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Active Member

Money:
    $224
    Gotta be Bart's website. http://barttorvik.com/transfercast.php?year=2019

11. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,253
  12. bumba

Money:
    $4,768

Eric likes this.
  13. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Active Member

Money:
    $63
    I read in a Rivals article that if Reid Travis pulls his name from the draft, he may opt to graduate and transfer from Stanford. 6'8, 245 PF and former 5* recruit from the Minnesota area, so it's not the far from the Butler. This is definitely a major "shoot your shot" moment for LJ if Travis does transfer, as I read another post that said Duke and UK would both be pushing for him if he does hit the market.

14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,284
    Pretty sure we recruited him a little bit way back when.

Tark43 likes this.
  15. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,722
    He committed to Stanford because of Mike Schrage. Ohio State would be a front runner if they have the open scholarship.

16. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,449
    [​IMG]

I Am Butler, Tark43, bu04 and 2 others like this.
  17. bumba

Money:
    $4,768
    OVC defensive player of the year. 6'9 PF.

18. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $190
    I think he would be the missing piece that we need to contend for the Big East title. We need a shot blocking/rebounding big. Please make the call Lavall. This is the player we need. On paper, at worst, I see Tyler Wideman with a 7'3 wingspan.

MSUDawg likes this.
  19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,424
    He's also a really good FT shooter 74% last year. And his FG% was very high, so not a high volume shooter, does his work and doesn't need his number called to be effective.

20. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $190
    Also, he has increased that FT% every year since his freshman season (59%). Shows a strong work ethic.