2018 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by bumba, Mar 1, 2018.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,839
    I assume the line will be long, but uh yeah... get this guy.

2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,352
    Christian Mekowulu just told me Butler is not recruiting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $292
    Could it be that we just haven't reached out yet?

4. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,352
    Certainly. That’s kind of always the case. I’m just passing along what he just told me, that as of this morning Butler wasn’t recruiting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $818
    Mustapha Heron is transferring from Auburn...former top 50 recruit. However, apparently he wants to be close to his ill mother and is from Connecticut, so this seems like a futile post I guess.

6. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,149
    But does have big east relevance as St Johns is one of his top 2 right now.

7. CarmelDawg23

Money:
    $818
    Reid Travis withdrew his name from the draft and will graduate/transfer. Villanova is a new name that has been mentioned for him...would make sense if they feel Spellman isn't coming back. Maybe they could play the 2 of them together if Spellman goes back. Either way, Travis going to Villanova would put them right back into national title contention IMO.

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,285
    Both Evan Daniels and Jeff Borzello say Kentucky is the heavy favorite.

9. CarmelDawg23

Money:
    $818
    Saw that right after I posted...good thing for Butler if Travis stays out of the BE.

UDDawg likes this.
  10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,500
    There's not a more stark difference in Power 5 environments than Stanford and Kentucky.

But if you've got your Stanford degree and you just want to be a basketball player for a year, why not, I guess.

UDDawg likes this.
  11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,167
    Calipari will get him in the NBA . Top players don't go to Kentucky for the education value.

12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,276
    My general sentiment is BU will continue to stand pat in terms of transfers. That's not to say I would be surprised if the staff entered the fray on a quality transfer. At this point LJ and company seem comfortable in the development and emergence Joey Brunk along with other newcomers and returning talent on the roster. Others may disagree, but I feel the staff prefers to keep their options open with the remaining scholarship in an attempt to build the program for the long term, while remaining competitive. At the same time there have been several transfer candidates I found to be enticing to say the least. Perhaps they are not cultural fits or simply not part of the envisioned future by the staff.

Hanover dawg and Insane Dawg like this.
  13. Crash

Crash Active Member

Money:
    $218
    Is Calipari the best in developing a Reid Travis type player? Watching 3-4 KY games a year, I don't see their offense having the freedom to allow Reid to grow and showcase his shooting range. I feel like their offense is so regimented and guard dominant. KY pushes players into the NBA based on potential and athleticism, not due to their development as final products.
    Hate to say it, but Nova's offense would be ideal. Michigan would be another.
    I know I have Butler blue glasses on, but if he's looking for a place that will give him freedom to score and play at a high level, Butler showed they would give a 1 year transfer (Clarke) carte blanche to take over the team. IMO, Reid would make Butler an instant top 10 team and a BE contender.

seadawg likes this.
  14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,167
    Crash- Seems like the NBA drafts based more on athleticism and upside versus talent. Calipari markets recruits as Kentucky being a way station to the NBA. Heck he even encourages sand invites NBA scout for showcase events.

seadawg- I felt like you do for awhile now, what we don't know is what the coaching staff has told returnees and draftees plus there is always the concern about morale and chemistry. Gosh I hope and pray Joey makes the leap we all have been waiting for. I'm comfortable and all in on what we have coming back at the other positions. We could be really really good if Joey is ready.

Hanover dawg and #60 like this.
  15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,276
    Morale and chemistry are always concerns in regards to recruiting over existing players. Perhaps that's a main concern but my general feeling is more about keeping options open? The staff evidently feels JB will be able to take part of the rotation and make meaningful contributions. I stated prior to the season last year that I still felt JB was another year away, but that next year has arrived. Most interesting to me is who may emerge as a surprise contributor. My suspicion is that will be MH by the end of the year due to his athletic ability and attitude of having something to prove. I think Tucker is probably a given. Nonetheless someone unexpected will step forward. On paper BU should have a deep roster with or without another addition to the roster.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    #60 likes this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843
    They've got 7 kids left that were Top 30 players in the last two recruiting classes. Going to be serious competition for those minutes.

17. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,099

Wait. First, a New Castle recruit really likes Butler, but might be leaning elsewhere?!

Now, a George Washington transfer doesn’t transfer to Butler?!

What is this world coming to?

[​IMG]

Dewars12 and Irishdawg like this.
  18. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,059
  19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,167
    Brad Underwood started out recruiting essentially guards. Now he is recruiting more bigs. Yet he keeps losing players. Is he too tough on his players?

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843