2019 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by bumba, Mar 5, 2019.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,474
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,474
  3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,474
  4. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $221

Omar already being mentioned for job since use to be assistant there.

bmradio99 and bumba like this.
  5. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,781
    Interesting to see Schrage on that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bumba likes this.
  6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,474
    Wasn't one of the reasons Bolt brought him to BU was because he was a good recruiter at Stanford? No idea how good of a HC he would be.

7. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,303
    I don’t know enough about him to back this up but I wouldn’t be sad to see Lowery go, so long as we bring in a proven recruiter in his place

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,046
    We need an entire new set of ACs, so I'd be thrilled.

jkcdawgs, willisbrown, bumba and 2 others like this.
  9. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    I can't say that I know enough about Omar Lowery either; but when potential recruits thank coaches after their visits, his name seems to come up quite often. Having season tickets to the games, I will say that I have noticed that he spends quite a bit of time during time-outs talking to Brunk and Golden if they are not one of five going back out on the floor. I am assuming that means that he is the assistant coach over the "bigs".

10. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,414
    That is indeed why he was brought in.

11. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    mwall787 likes this.
  12. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    How about Sean Miller? He also was subpoenaed to testify in New York City along with Wade.

13. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
    Interesting to see Barry Hinson step down as Southern Illinois coach after a 10-8 and 3rd place MVC finish.

Will Wade sure looks like he's got to go at LSU. And on the same note, Mark Gottfried should be on the unemployment line soon.

Should be a lot more coaching news over the next week.

(Started a new thread because that four year old one that just got revived is a little disjointed, and we've usually kept the discussion of coaching changes not involving Butler over here in the ATL section).

estar20dawg likes this.
  14. NCJon

Money:
    $6,277
    Didn't realize Bryce Drew was on the hot seat because I figured he'd garnered some goodwill with his early success on the court and in recruiting, but I also pay zero attention to SEC basketball and didn't realize how historically bad Vandy's season has been.

Anyway, some interesting perspective on how his dad and brother both struggled a bit their first few years:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw26SF_HmCvHJaddGMHXrAL6&ust=1552245810945304

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,730
    Sean Miller all but resigned today. Zona will be open. LSU definitely will. Nebraska could be. Texas certainly could be. Ucla is open.

Just too bad butler isn't open. Tons of good coaching talent out there. Those jobs mentioned will get stars as their coaches. As we become filth. We're missing a Huge opportunity to hire a real staff.

dippper61 and butlerbreadman like this.
  16. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $205
    I’m glad Butler isn’t on the job market. LaVall will go down as the longest tenured, winningest coach in Butler’s history.

PDTH likes this.
  17. NCJon

Money:
    $6,277
    Sounds like Danny Manning is out at Wake Forest. That's the second best job to come open - so far - behind UCLA. I am assuming Arizona and LSU will also open, bumping it further down the list.

18. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    Texas A&M is also going to be open.

19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    Sounds like Texas and Shaka Smart are parting ways as well

20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,730
    You talk about someone we should kick LaVall into the other hemisphere for...shaka and butler would be amazing. Alas...we'll not even upgrade the staff.