2019 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by bumba, Mar 5, 2019.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,474

Would VT go to the well twice in a row & cherry pick Marquette again? Can't imagine Wojo would turn down a raise and ACC job.

2. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $575
    Buzz is a very good coach, but he's got the wanderlust gene, big time. I wouldn't bet the ranch on him still being at A&M 5-6 years from now. Marquette fans will go nuts if Wojo replaces Williams. They've got a bit of an inferiority complex over losing coaches (sound familiar?) and losing back-to-back coaches to Va Tech won't help.

3. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Member

Money:
    $68
    He had just recruited one year for the A10 and suddenly thrust into Big East recruiting the very next year. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    Wow

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    jkcdawgs, Shimmy, #60 and 6 others like this.
  5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Stunning to say the least.

6. znelson15

znelson15 Active Member

Money:
    $364
    Very stunned by this
    Rumors up here in Montana was our coach was going to cal for sure
    Young guy, insanely good recruiter for montana(hard to do if it’s not football) and was an assistant there for years
    Crazy they went for mark fox, have never been impressed with him but it’s name people recognize

7. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792

I was told that Nored would never come back to coach in college by a poster here though... :cool:

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    3 posts above this :)

mwall787, NCJon and SpartanDawgs like this.
  9. Hinkle Magic2

Money:
    $792
    Who cares. I'm not trying to get credit for posting it or a pat on the back. Was just referencing it for my post.

This board is insufferable at times.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    Sorry I just don't like clutter. I would have posted the same thing even if I hadn't have posted the original.

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,738
    Belmont is now opened, Byrd announced his retirement.

12. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
    I'd be surprised if candidates 1a. and 1b. for the Belmont job weren't Brian Ayers and James Strong, respectively. Both are longtime assistants to Byrd.

13. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    I very well may be mistaken but I thought they were talking about Nored coming back as a college assistant not a head coach.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,474

Willard on the move instead of Wojo? Man, the BE gets cherry picked annually if yes.

15. Hinkle Magic2

Money:
    $792
    They weren't. Patrick Ewing and Walter McCarty were both named as assistant NBA coaches who made the jump back to head coaches in the NCAA, and I was told that was a "one time exception".

16. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,781
    That’s going to be a coveted job for an up and coming coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
    At least with Holtmann and Mack the moves made sense. Yeah, it sucks if you're a Butler or Xavier fan, but you can understand a coach leaving those schools for two of the top 10-15 jobs in college basketball.

Virginia Tech is the second or third worst job in the ACC. The only thing it offers, besides a beautiful place to live if you're good with a rural setting, is money and a lot of it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  18. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    If I’m Bryce Drew that’s an opening I would be very interested in for obvious reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

19. Hinkle Magic2

Money:
    $792
    I'm not sure if Kevin Willard leaving Seton Hall would be a good or bad thing for Butler.

20. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Feel like he or the Lipscomb coach are the obvious choices if you're Belmont.

willisbrown likes this.