2019 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by bumba, Mar 5, 2019.

1. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,103
    Odd. I don't seem to recall seeing Schrage on Vall's bench the past two seasons.

DawgsMD and bumba like this.
  2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,851
    As I said up thread, there are some real positives to Elon: Brand new arena and basketball lockers, offices, etc., beautiful campus, and good mid-major conference.

There are also some serious challenges. Smallest budget in the conference, zero tradition, campus is beautiful, but it's in a weird sort of suburban/industrial no man's land part of the state. Think the region in Northwest Indiana.

A longtime North Carolina sportswriter just did a piece for The Athletic where he ranked the 18 Division I programs in the state and put Elon dead last, which when you consider that list includes High Point, Campbell, Western Carolina, ECU, and a whole bunch of the UNC - (Not Chapel Hills), that's bad.

I hope he can make something of it. I feel like it's kind of a blank slate.

3. NCJon

Money:
    $5,851
    He retweeted with a mea culpa on that a few minutes later.

4. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $964
    He wasn't even interested in the Butler job when Holtmann left. Pedon and Johnson both interviewed, Schrage did not. He is supposedly a recruiting guru, but
    who knows?

5. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,567
    Note who Goodman reported Schrage was coaching for in his tweet.

And in related news, Chris Holtmann hires Emerson Kampen as Schrage’s replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,384
    We can only hope. Kampen...all the assistants are replaceable and meh as meh get.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  7. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,384
    Mullin in line to resign, negotiations going on, SJU is pursuing Bobby Hurley. You heard it hear first.

8. NCJon

Money:
    $5,851
    I'll be surprised if Scoonie Penn doesn't get promoted to Schrage's spot on the OSU bench.

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,500
  10. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $681
    I don't necessarily know that it would be bad thing to add a new assistant or two to this coaching staff. Granted, I know contrary to this news, there aren't actually any openings.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,384
    That poser heard it from me then tweeted it. What a jerk that coaching changes dude is. :)

12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,180
    That will make it even harder for Butler.

13. Red1972

Money:
    $964
    Hurley can coach and the Big East is a whole lot better than the PAC 12, good move by the Johnnies. Money is not a problem for St Johns and you are right another quality
    coach in the Big East will be much more difficult for Butler. Oh well.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
    Fixed it for you.

bmradio99 and pjohnsto2003 like this.
  15. Red1972

Money:
    $964
    Michael Lewis to OSU would be a solid move. Always thought he did a good job while at Butler.

16. NCJon

Money:
    $5,851
    I love Stackhouse. One of my all time favorite players. But as quick as he is to turn to his fists, I'm a little anxious this may not turn out well.

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
    He knows Bolt's schemes and could recruit Ohio/Indiana for O$U. It would potentially hurt us, but I'd be happy for Lewis. Great guy, met him at one of my kids basketball camps when Bolt was the HC. Very intelligent.

18. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $681
    I would be happy for Lewis, but I think it would hurt us in recruiting.

Wish we had an open spot, but since Lewis interviewed for Jordan's job, feel like it would create a certain awkwardness regardless.

bumba likes this.
  19. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,567
    I was just playing off of the whole “Holtmann stole the entire staff” thing. I think that makes perfect sense for Lewis.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
    Could be some interesting transfer/decommits from Nevada.