2019 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by bumba, Mar 5, 2019.

1. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,915
    Apparently they gave Alford a ten year deal.

Holy Bejesus............

2. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,342
    He also signed a ten year deal at New Mexico before leaving for UCLA. We all know coaching contracts mean nothing, too many examples to back that up..

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    He finished better than 40 in Kenpom’s twice in six seasons at UCLA and has done so 7 times in Ken poms 18 year existence.

He’s just very meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Tentozen likes this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,374
    Alford looks good, pedigree is good and he has coached at the highest level of D1 basketball. But that’s about it as far as ability to coach and lead a program.

5. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,298
    Agreed. Nate Oats signed an extension to stay at Buffalo & left for Alabama 2 weeks later.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Sidd Finch likes this.
  6. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,138
    Hoiberg just hired former Nebraska head coach Doc Sadler as an assistant.

I find it interesting because after an earlier discussion about the idea of Butler re-hiring Lickliter as an assistant, the question was raised about examples of former head coaches returning to their former schools as an assistant. I went looking for one out of curiosity and came up empty.

knobcreekfan likes this.
  7. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $520
    Dino Gaudio is now an assistant under Mack at Louisville . I know it is not the school where he was HC, but interesting with their long time relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,436
  9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,255
    Brannen has emerged here as the leader. Great get for Cincy if that is their get.

10. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $123
    Brannen is the new Cincy coach.

11. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $580
    Not often a head coach moves from one D1 job to another and doesn't have to change his residence.

bumba, NCJon and seadawg like this.
  12. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,422
  13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,255
    Wow...they are taking on a risk but he stood tall and for now, won the day. This will be very interesting to follow as I can't see it just "going away" with him being recorded and all.

14. NCJon

Money:
    $6,138
    One of Holtmann's assistants at Gardner Webb - Jay McAuley - was just named the new Wofford coach. He'd been an assistant at Wofford since leaving GW.

15. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $720
    Okay, he was suspended because he would not meet with LSU officials and now, after the damn NCAAT is over, that’s when he decides to meet. Didn’t make sense, so I took a spin on the Google machine. He changed attorneys. He’s had his new one about a week. Guess who else the new attorney represents? Sean Miller and Bruce Pearl. Man, this attorney really specializes in innocent coaches who are falsely accused of wrong doing. It probably says that on his business card.

WestLoopDog and BUcheer like this.
  16. Red1972

Money:
    $1,342
    Amazing. These schools could care less, look Pearl, Sean Miller and Wade all use the same tactic and it works out fine for all three. Disband the NCAA right now, schools
    could care less. Just win baby!

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,436

18. Red1972

Money:
    $1,342
    A solid choice by the Bearcats.

19. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,422
    BulldogsFTW and willisbrown like this.
  20. NCJon

Money:
    $6,138
    That's a pretty damning indictment of St. John's. I mean it's one thing for Bobby Hurley to flirt a bit and then stay at ASU, but it seems like a whole other thing to make a run at a guy in Porter Moser's shoes and come up empty.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019