2019 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by NCJon, Mar 9, 2019.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,376
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,376

Tony Bennett to UCLA? Can't see it unless they backed up a Brinks truck full of cash to his doorstep.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,779
    Well UA pays UCLA like $18 million a year so that’s a start. They could also go after Texas Tech coach.

bumba likes this.
  4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,376
  5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,426
    Texas is going to go after the Texas Tech coach hard, UCLA is loaded but Texas is another stratosphere of money

6. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $389
    I believe Pastner self-reported when he and Bell had a falling out, kind of like Pastner doing it before Bell could do it to him. I don't remember there being anything about an actual Ga Tech assistant coach, as there appears to be in the linked article.

The thing I remember most about the Bell story when it first came out was that it involved a much smaller amount of money than I would have thought. You think of envelopes stuffed with gobs of cash. Bell's story involved, IIRC, less than $1000. Bought airline tickets for two players and also some clothes and shoes.

NCJon and bumba like this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,779
    Don’t think so- same conference

8. estar20dawg

Money:
    $2,426
    I'm not saying you are wrong but Texas doesn't care about same conference things. They think they are superior and what keeps the Big 12 together.

https://www.vivathematadors.com/201...-will-try-to-steal-chris-beard-this-offseason

And there message boards are littered if rumors and innuendo and insider knowledge and reporting for what it's worth that Beard is the guy they are targeting

9. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $389
    By chance, do they have a poster by the name of Cruzforsenate2024 (maybe 2018, depending on when he joined)? :rolleyes:

shoeevv and NCJon like this.
  10. estar20dawg

Money:
    $2,426
    lol I wasn't really looking hard enough at who the posters there are. When I get a little free time I might head back over and check

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,680
    I'm hearing Matta to unlv buzz. Nothing to back it up just some ol butler fan whispering that made its way to my ear.

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $1,680
    And I'm sniffing around 2.5 a year. 2.5 in Vegas...life would be perfect for the likes of me.

Tentozen likes this.
  13. willisbrown

Money:
    $1,680
    Kennedy out at A&M. Damn, Texas hates anyone named Kennedy.

Sidd Finch and mwall787 like this.
  14. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,790
    My guess is Pitino to UNLV.

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $1,680
    Pitino in Vegas would be like the most perfect thing ever. Hookers beware. Or assistants wives or whatever.

bumba, jkcdawgs, Sidd Finch and 2 others like this.
  16. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,036
    I see what you did there

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,376
  18. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Active Member

Money:
    $294
    Bill Self won’t be at Kansas next season. Normally, I don’t know anything, but I have an extremely reliable source that’s connected to Kansas and the NCAA.

19. pappyball

pappyball Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $664
    Bulls?

20. bobbu64

bobbu64 Member

Money:
    $73
    According to Hoopdirt.com there have been 20 head coaches fired as of 3-17-19