2019 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by bumba, Mar 5, 2019.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,115
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,115
  3. Crash

Crash Active Member

Money:
    $243
    BU: Mr. Smart, if we kick LaVall Jordan to the curb will you take over?
    SM: Um, what is your budget?
    BU: A shade under $5.5mm in 2017
    SM: Wait, that's less than VCU ($6.1mm) and I dumped them
    BU: BUT, Hinkle is a classic venue, and our fans are amazing. I mean, you know, The BUTLER WAY!
    SM: Even with the upgrades, your facilities don't compete with other high majors and your fans grew up worshiping ND, IU, PU and OSU, wearing non-Butler gear all over campus.
    BU: But Trip is cute!?!

Willis - Can we live in reality? Unless we all decide to give our millions of dollars to the athletic program, we have to work within the constraints of what are program is and will be for the near future. Does that mean we have to suck, NO.
    As overused as The BUTLER WAY has been, it represents trusting the process. Accept a level of commitment that is necessary to achieve greater results than the sum of its parts. Raise the players you have and accept that although our level of error is less than other programs, we accept and persevere. S*@# happens and this year was an absolute stinker. But, if you think we're a Final Four program that is underperforming, than it doesn't just start @ LaVall or Collier or the facilities or the campus, it starts with our undergrads and alumni living and breathing Butler Basketball from the time they are in the womb and living and dying Butler Blue with their hearts, their wallets and their passion, ala Duke, UNC, IU, KY, GONZ to name a few.

SpartanDawgs and tlp63 like this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,343
    Shaka Smart has been mediocre at Texas and has had player problems off the court.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  5. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,588
    The fact that this year feels so bad also demonstrates just how successful our program has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BURph92, ButlerNut, Crash and 5 others like this.
  6. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,035
    There are several schools in the same boat as Butler, next year will be a key. Several additions. several deletions and hopefully brighter days.

7. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $229
  8. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,042
    Ohio is open.

Ryan Pedon's name getting tossed around as a possible replacement for Saul Phillips.

9. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,145
    Well, then I guess there is no reason to play the games. Let's just anoint winners based on Title's theory.

pappyball, NCJon and DawgsMD like this.
  10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    Some notice of high level violations has been sent to ga tech. Tied to pastner. That could be another opening. Ga tech won't stand for that ish.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  11. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Member

Money:
    $68
    I thought TX was idiotic and unfair when they fired Rick Barnes. Now look what Barnes is doing at Tennessee! Super happy for him. Always think of him as a class act ... just as a hoops fan from the sidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,191
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,115
  14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,115

Tony Bennett to UCLA? Can't see it unless they backed up a Brinks truck full of cash to his doorstep.

15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,343
    Well UA pays UCLA like $18 million a year so that’s a start. They could also go after Texas Tech coach.

bumba likes this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,115
  17. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,854
    Texas is going to go after the Texas Tech coach hard, UCLA is loaded but Texas is another stratosphere of money

18. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $501
    I believe Pastner self-reported when he and Bell had a falling out, kind of like Pastner doing it before Bell could do it to him. I don't remember there being anything about an actual Ga Tech assistant coach, as there appears to be in the linked article.

The thing I remember most about the Bell story when it first came out was that it involved a much smaller amount of money than I would have thought. You think of envelopes stuffed with gobs of cash. Bell's story involved, IIRC, less than $1000. Bought airline tickets for two players and also some clothes and shoes.

NCJon and bumba like this.
  19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,343
    Don’t think so- same conference

20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,854
    I'm not saying you are wrong but Texas doesn't care about same conference things. They think they are superior and what keeps the Big 12 together.

https://www.vivathematadors.com/201...-will-try-to-steal-chris-beard-this-offseason

And there message boards are littered if rumors and innuendo and insider knowledge and reporting for what it's worth that Beard is the guy they are targeting