2019 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by bumba, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,312
    Logical consistency isn't his strong suit.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,303
    NCJon likes this.
  3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    0-18 will kind of do that

ButlerProf and BU_NeonHat like this.
  4. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,186
    I'm guessing the decision to fire Drew came long before the new AD was installed. 0-19 in conference (including tournament) and a 20 game losing streak to end the season probably had more to do with it than whatever the AD saw in the one practice he attended.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    You're never going to survive an "o-fer" and Drew is another example. Decent coach that was handed some bad luck this season, and way failed to meet expectations even if they were lowered because of injury. He's a good basketball mind and I believe has a future has a good head coach, the o-fer look just can't be tolerated so they had to move on him. He goes 2-16 or 3-15 he's probably safe.

IndyDawgs likes this.
  6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
  7. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    That would be tremendous blow to Providence, but after their performance the other night against Arkansas it is probably time.

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    That would be a monster nab/power play by Vandy.

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,476
  10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,476
    I thought PC made a big deal giving Cooley a "lifetime contract" not too long ago?

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    Jalen Windham of Ben Davis is committed to Georgia State. He’s always struck me as a kid who could play at a higher level than GSU. Not sure if he’s a Big East player, but still interested to see if he sticks with GSU.

willisbrown likes this.
  12. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    That sucks for GA St. I always liked Hunter and he had this little program down here doing pretty well.

Interesting though, Tulane doesn't seem like a huge upgrade to "take your shot" or "start the climb". It seems like a death trap. It's been a basement level team for decades. Kind of setting yourself up to fail. Hunter could have had a couple more years at GA St and probably found something better. Either way, good dude. Best of luck to him.

13. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $724
    Tulane has been a disfunctional program for 40 years. I know that because they were recruiting me!

Insane Dawg likes this.
  14. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,002
    Seems like peak Hunter was when his kid hit that shot to beat 3-seed ISU the same day Butler beat Texas in Pittsburgh. Probably should have jumped then.

15. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $116
    You're right, Tulane is really a dead-end. A friend of ours is now out of a job after leaving Nevada several years ago to join Dunleavy at Tulane. He said the pay was good. A firing really disrupts a large number of people--good business for Mayfair, etc.

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,053
    Is Tulane really the best job you can get after taking GA St to the tourney 3 times in five seasons? Tulane is an absolutely brutal job, and I can’t imagine the pay is great. They won 4 times this season, and they haven’t been to the tournament since Bill’s first term. Yeesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Member

Money:
    $154
    Watching him tonight and was thinking the same thing.

UDDawg likes this.
  18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    Seeing him in person for the first time tonight, he's probably actually limited athletically to about that level, or maybe the MAC. Love his shooting stroke, though. Although I thought he played too much to get fouled tonight, even though Carmel was pretty physical with him all night. Free throws were perfect until his last one.

19. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    It’d probably be good for Providence if Cooley left.

Seriously what has he done? Won one tourney game in 8 years?

Also, Hiliarious that Willis thinks Drew is a good coach but LaVall is terrible. Drew went 0-19 in conference!!!!

20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    Wrong Drew Willis was talking about Scott at Baylor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app