2019 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ButlerNut, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,529
    Michigan State or Texas Tech followed by Virginia

2. bwesson15

bwesson15 Active Member

3. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $416
    I think Coach K should be fired. He certainly had the most talented team of all of DI schools. Almost lost in second round at the buzzer. Squeaked through Sweet 16. Got beat in Elite 8. Obviously he lost the team and can no longer be an effective coach.

Besides, Duke needs to upgrade their arena. Cameron is a rundown, ancient hole in the wall. Imagine the talent they could bring in with a state of the art arena. /s

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Shimmy, bwesson15, bumba and 5 others like this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,529
    Besides some of his players transfer out after one year,

Shimmy, bwesson15, bumba and 4 others like this.
  5. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,118
    Back to reality, Bruce Pearl is a cheat and always has been, He is what is wrong with college basketball, his top assistant Chuck Person has been indicted and pled guilty
    to charges involving the shoe scandal. Tom Izzo reportedly covered up sexual assault charges against several of his players. I'm pulling for Virginia and Kyle Guy.

theenforcer13, seadawg and BUcheer like this.
  6. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $217
    Obviously I am cheering for Sparty but its nice to see 3 coaches having their first Final Four appearance. Won't be upset if any of those teams win.

znelson15 and Insane Dawg like this.
  7. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,962
    ......or one semester.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

bumba likes this.
  8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,347
    Pulling for Texas Tech. Their coach had a great story at one of the pressers over the weekend about being a D2 head coach and they would show up for road games with no budget for food & look for free buffets to feed players. Then they ran into Jim Rome (radio talk show host) somewhere and he gave the coach the key to the suite level of his hotel. He said he & the players all went up to Rome's floor and ate like kings from the exclusive free spread for VIP hotel guests.

The guy makes $3+ million per year now, but it sounded like he has paid his dues working his way up from the smallest of the small schools. They also interviewed 4-5 players and asked if any were recruited by the blue blood teams they beat so far. None of them were. Most are transfer kids that came together and found unique chemistry on the team (including transfer Tariq Owens from St. John's).

9. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,146
    Ah yes, I remember Tariq Owens playing at St. John’s. Also remember well Chris Beard’s Little Rock team coming from behind to beat Purdue in the first round of the NCAA tournament a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

znelson15 likes this.
  10. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,726
    ButlerNut, Tentozen and estar20dawg like this.
  11. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $204
    I'm not really one to bash the officials in general, mostly because it usually is just a way to rationalize for poor play, but the officiating in the Big East is a joke. Consistently horrible regardless of the teams playing. I'm not really sure how it can be this bad...

12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,438
    It might help if these officials would use their good eye?

BulldogsFTW likes this.
  13. Sonbog

Sonbog Active Member

Money:
    $2,931
    I haven't posted for some time, but this is too good. Just between you and me, Mr. Seadog, I met a man a few weeks ago who had never heard of Admiral Nelson. (Just for the record, one of Admiral Nelson's hand picked captains at the Battle of Copenhagen was a certain Captain William Bligh, who is famous for the Mutiny on the Bounty.)

14. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $716
    Lol, are you kidding?

15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,529

A huge part of their success is their defense. Butler used to play defense like that. Texas Tech also has a really good point guard and a shot blocker. Without those three things it’s hard to go very far.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  16. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,199
    I see @knobcreekfan's reasoning. Clearly K has lost the team. I've heard they're about to have a mass exodus of talent, too.

ButlerNut, knobcreekfan and jkcdawgs like this.
  17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,529
    Fun watching teams like Lipscomb play like Butler used to play.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  18. knobcreekfan

Money:
    $416
    Absolutely should be fired. He has two first team All-American players and squeaked through the second round of the tournament. Year in and year out he has top-5 talented teams, but in the last 18 years, he has taken his team to the NCAA Championship game exactly the same number of times as BU. Clearly signs of a program in serious decline. Duke should consider dropping down to the AAC.

19. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,726
    And won exactly the same amount of championship games that Butler lost in the same span.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. knobcreekfan

Money:
    $416
    Just think what they could have done with a real practice facility and recruiting budget.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.